BDUs are now Obsolete

Started by Smithsonia, November 04, 2011, 11:47:03 PM

Eclipse

Quote from: Spaceman3750 on November 11, 2011, 01:45:04 AM
Is there anything jacket/hat-related that will increase our mission effectiveness?

The answer to your question is that I don't know because I can't speak for everyone.

Absolutely, especially on the cadet side of the house, which tends towards more formality and more
situations which call for dress uniforms.

But in general a more formal appearance and attitude by commanders and other leaders would serve CAP well
and increase attention to detail and knock down some of the club mentality.

This isn't M*A*S*H and (we) ain't Hawkeye.

"That Others May Zoom"

NCRblues

Quote from: Hardshell Clam on November 11, 2011, 12:50:44 AM
Quote from: davidsinn on November 10, 2011, 05:32:56 PM
Quote from: Hardshell Clam on November 10, 2011, 05:11:27 PM
I am looking into the white shirt/gray slacks...

You're an IG and do not have the mandated minimum uniform?

That issue has been gone over quite enough.

No, I don't think it has. You as an "IG" (im yet to make up my mind if you're just blowing smoke but anyway) should be setting the example. Put on a uniform and get over yourself.
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

davidsinn

Quote from: NCRblues on November 11, 2011, 02:01:58 AM

No, I don't think it has. You as an "IG" (im yet to make up my mind if you're just blowing smoke but anyway) should be setting the example. Put on a uniform and get over yourself.

That, and the issue that was gone over was his not wearing ANY uniform while performing official duties. CAPM39-1 clearly states members will equip themselves with the minimum basic uniform. That you are an IG and charged with overseeing program compliance and yet are not in compliance yourself is an issue.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

PHall

Quote from: john_Bowers on November 10, 2011, 04:56:01 PM
Quote from: Thrashed on November 10, 2011, 04:48:57 PM
Quote from: Grumpy on November 10, 2011, 04:12:15 PM
You know, even if we do finally get a decision that everybody agrees on, within a week or possibly as lomg as a month, you uniform gurus will be arguing about what looks right or wrong.  Talk about beating a dead horse.  ::)

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

CAP members are only happy when fighting about uniforms.  ;D
Maybe I'm just too new. I ran out and bought the aviator/grey slacks combo and polo shirt right when i signed up. As soon as i met req's I ran out and bought blues and BDU's. Aside from being a little astonished at what we have to PAY for our uniforms I haven't yet had much of an opinion on the subject. I guess maybe i'm just happy to be able to wear one right now. After a few years I can only hope i will be jaded like everyone else. :)
(just kidding of course. I don't hope... I rather expect it.  :P)

You think our uniforms are expensive? Ask any cop how much their uniforms cost.

Eclipse

Quote from: PHall on November 11, 2011, 03:32:40 AM

How is that relevant?

Comparing a paid employee's uniform situation to a volunteer's serves no purpose, especially when you consider
that most departments, and yes, even the military (officers too), get at least an initial clothing allowance.

We get a tax deduction (assuming you itemize).

"That Others May Zoom"

Hardshell Clam

Yes, its over with you.

Hardshell Clam

Quote from: davidsinn on November 11, 2011, 03:09:34 AM

That, and the issue that was gone over was his not wearing ANY uniform while performing official duties. CAPM39-1 clearly states members will equip themselves with the minimum basic uniform. That you are an IG and charged with overseeing program compliance and yet are not in compliance yourself is an issue.

What is the minimun basic uniform if someone wants a beard, is over the allowed weight, etc.?

davidsinn

Quote from: Hardshell Clam on November 11, 2011, 03:49:23 AM

What is the minimun basic uniform if someone wants a beard, is over the allowed weight, etc.?

You are an IG. You tell me.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

NCRblues

Quote from: Hardshell Clam on November 11, 2011, 03:46:54 AM

Yes, its over with you.

Oh its over with me?

Is that because I asked you questions about your claimed past that you never answered?

Is it because I called you on a regulation violation, after you claim YEARS of experience in enforcing rules and regulations and law?

So, how about those answers from the other thread now?

Hardshell Clam

Quote from: davidsinn on November 11, 2011, 03:52:26 AM

You stated I was not in compliance and should be, so my question is a legitimate one. 

davidsinn

Quote from: Hardshell Clam on November 11, 2011, 03:59:51 AM

You stated I was not in compliance and should be, so my question is a legitimate one.

As an IG, finding a regulatory answer should be a piece of cake with all the tools at our disposal. Since I already stated what manual it's in I did most of the work for you.

I do not believe you are an IG at all.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

Hardshell Clam

Quote from: davidsinn on November 11, 2011, 04:04:39 AM
Quote from: Hardshell Clam on November 11, 2011, 03:59:51 AM

As an IG, finding a regulatory answer should be a piece of cake with all the tools at our disposal. Since I already stated what manual it's in I did most of the work for you.

I do not believe you are an IG at all.

All the tools? What, some sort of super IG master uplink to IG Central?  The only tools I have is one computer at the wing IG office and the rest of the tools are my own laptop, cell phone and a pen/notebook. I have a copy of some of the regs and other IG book at my home and links to online regs.

I don't recall that we have ever been involved in a "wearing a wrong uniform" investigation and it is not covered that I recall in the training program.

And as to you not beliving I an IG staff member at all, that I can't control.

davidsinn

Quote from: Hardshell Clam on November 11, 2011, 04:14:55 AM

All the tools? What, some sort of super IG master uplink to IG Central?  The only tools I have is one computer at the wing IG office and the rest of the tools are my own laptop, cell phone and a pen/notebook. I have a copy of some of the regs and other IG book at my home and links to online regs.

I don't recall that we have ever been involved in a "wearing a wrong uniform" investigation and it is not covered that I recall in the training program.

Tools; as in the knowledgebase, the Forms and Pubs page on the website, and this message board itself. The answers are there and easy to find if you try. I already told you what manual it's in. You should have found it by now. I'm just a lowly captain with no investigative skills at all and have served no higher than group AE and I'm pretty sure I have a better grasp of the program than you do.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

Extremepredjudice

Quote from: davidsinn on November 11, 2011, 04:22:27 AM

Tools; as in the knowledgebase, the Forms and Pubs page on the website, and this message board itself. The answers are there and easy to find if you try. I already told you what manual it's in. You should have found it by now. I'm just a lowly captain with no investigative skills at all and have served no higher than group AE and I'm pretty sure I have a better grasp of the program than you do.
you also have 2.5k posts...  :clap:

Hanging out on CT will teach you many things, including how fast a thread turns into a uniform war. >:D
I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

davidsinn

Quote from: Extremepredjudice on November 11, 2011, 04:28:27 AM
Quote from: davidsinn on November 11, 2011, 04:22:27 AM

you also have 2.5k posts...  :clap:

That only shows that I have way too much time on my hands ;D I have a good grasp on things because I study things, pay attention and have achieved level three.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

Hardshell Clam

And I have learned that the only way to "win" is not to play.

NCRblues

Quote from: Hardshell Clam on November 11, 2011, 04:55:19 AM

Ok, here is a simple question, what wing are you an IG for?

PHall

Quote from: Eclipse on November 11, 2011, 03:37:32 AM

How is that relevant?

Comparing a paid employee's uniform situation to a volunteer's serves no purpose, especially when you consider
that most departments, and yes, even the military (officers too), get at least an initial clothing allowance.

We get a tax deduction (assuming you itemize).

Most police officers get a set amount per year for uniforms. Which usually doesn't come anywhere near what their uniform costs are.
Going through a half dozen pairs of trousers a year is not unheard of. Usually at about $60 a pop.
That and the cost of taking them to the cleaners...

PHall

Quote from: NCRblues on November 11, 2011, 05:10:33 AM
Quote from: Hardshell Clam on November 11, 2011, 04:55:19 AM

Ok, here is a simple question, what wing are you an IG for?

He can't tell you. That's [classified]. :-X

johnnyb47

Quote from: john_Bowers on November 10, 2011, 04:56:01 PM
Quote from: Thrashed on November 10, 2011, 04:48:57 PM
Quote from: Grumpy on November 10, 2011, 04:12:15 PM
You know, even if we do finally get a decision that everybody agrees on, within a week or possibly as lomg as a month, you uniform gurus will be arguing about what looks right or wrong.  Talk about beating a dead horse.  ::)

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

CAP members are only happy when fighting about uniforms.  ;D
Maybe I'm just too new. I ran out and bought the aviator/grey slacks combo and polo shirt right when i signed up. As soon as i met req's I ran out and bought blues and BDU's. Aside from being a little astonished at what we have to PAY for our uniforms I haven't yet had much of an opinion on the subject. I guess maybe i'm just happy to be able to wear one right now. After a few years I can only hope i will be jaded like everyone else. :)
(just kidding of course. I don't hope... I rather expect it.  :P)

For the record I wasn't really complaining.
I do find it interesting that every new cadet receives a full set of Aerospace and Leadership modules with their packet as well as a complete uniform (minus gadgets and shoes) with their membership dues.
Senior members pay more annually and receive no uniform and a Binder with a copy of "Great Start" and "Respect on Display".

Now I would rather it not change at ALL if the change would be to make cadets start paying for thier first blues uniform. But it would have been "nice" if my packet had come with a polo shirt and a couple of books to get started with.
Capt
Information Technology Officer
Communications Officer

Uploaded with ImageShack.us