I give you - the King of Stolen Valor

Started by Eclipse, July 29, 2011, 01:13:06 AM

Eclipse

The story has been floating around since last month.

Some of the details are sketchy, but apparently he showed up to an Army  basic training graduation and then his day
got bad from there.  A couple sites say he was a USAF vet in the early 2000's with a questionable discharge
and nothing approximating that grade.

Clearly a young man with serious psychological issues.  Very sad.

"That Others May Zoom"

Майор Хаткевич

45 Ribbons, Wings...6 Badges (half or more Army?)...

Eclipse

Not to mention a CIB with two stars and command pilot wings!

"That Others May Zoom"

Майор Хаткевич

I forgot the Desert tan boots with Blues...

And also the beating he's about to get from what I assume is someone in the Army in the last picture...

Eclipse

Apparently that is also a green beret on the table.

More than one site says this was at Fort Benning and went to complain about enlisted personnel hassling him.
That's when the fun started.

"That Others May Zoom"

Sapper168

Wonder how much ordering 'one of everything' cost him?   :o
Shane E Guernsey, TSgt, CAP
CAP Squadron ESO... "Who did what now?"
CAP Squadron NCO Advisor... "Where is the coffee located?"
US Army 12B... "Sappers Lead the Way!"
US Army Reserve 71L-f5... "Going Postal!"

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Eclipse on July 29, 2011, 01:31:39 AM
Apparently that is also a green beret on the table.

More than one site says this was at Fort Benning and went to complain about enlisted personnel hassling him.
That's when the fun started.

Green indeed!
http://usafonlineoped.blogspot.com/2011/06/i-once-wrote-story-on-here-about-stolen.html

Persona non grata

He was there to see his step -son who is in the Army and happens to be older than him.  This guy definitely needs some mental health treatment help . You should have seen his FB page before he took it down.  Rumor has it that he was possibly a loadd master(not confirmed)
Rock, Flag & Eagle.........

PHall

Quote from: Eclipse on July 29, 2011, 01:20:18 AM

Those aren't Command Pilot Wings, they're Chief Enlisted Crewmember Wings.
Enlisted wings are round in the middle while Officer wings use a shield shape in the center.

Persona non grata

I forgot to mention that all units should print a picture of this guy out and post it, write on the picture with a large red sharpie DO NOT GIVE THIS GUY A APPLICATION FOR MEMBERSHIP
Rock, Flag & Eagle.........

DakRadz

Quote from: PHall on July 29, 2011, 01:44:42 AM

Enlisted wings are round in the middle while Officer wings use a shield shape in the center.

Okay, this guy is so obviously mentally impaired that I wasn't even disgusted or angry, but merely sad.

But PHall pointing out that he had such great attention to detail made me chuckle. As if wearing enlisted crewmember wings with all that made him more legit.

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: DakRadz on July 29, 2011, 01:48:04 AM

Okay, this guy is so obviously mentally impaired that I wasn't even disgusted or angry, but merely sad.

But PHall pointing out that he had such great attention to detail made me chuckle. As if wearing enlisted crewmember wings with all that made him more legit.

Actually, those are about as close to legit as he got.

Hawk200

Quote from: eaker.cadet on July 29, 2011, 01:45:57 AM
I forgot to mention that all units should print a picture of this guy out and post it, write on the picture with a large red sharpie DO NOT GIVE THIS GUY A APPLICATION FOR MEMBERSHIP
You can give him one, but I'd bet money he wouldn't be back after you give him a fingerprint card.

PHall

No, I earned my Chief Enlisted Crewmember Wings, thank you very much. Just takes 15 years in the Air Force and 10 years of flying to get them.

Hawk200

Quote from: PHall on July 29, 2011, 02:54:44 AM

No, I earned my Chief Enlisted Crewmember Wings, thank you very much. Just takes 15 years in the Air Force and 10 years of flying to get them.
I don't think he was referencing you, PHall.

SarDragon

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

DakRadz

SarDragon, unless I'm missing something history-wise, the nametag is not actually his name.

Nickolas J. ANDROSKY is the poser's name. Check USAFAux's link above.

Quote from: Hawk200 on July 29, 2011, 03:12:04 AM
Quote from: PHall on July 29, 2011, 02:54:44 AM

I don't think he was referencing you, PHall.
No, I wasn't!!! That was a bit unclear, my apologies. I know you are real deal USAF retired, PHall.

I meant that the poser seemed to think if he wore enlisted wings on the right uniform, it made up for all the other ridiculous ribbons and awards he was claiming.

HGjunkie

••• retired
2d Lt USAF

PHall

Quote from: HGjunkie on July 29, 2011, 03:42:02 AM
Quote from: SarDragon on July 29, 2011, 03:14:37 AM

I got a different result (?).

The Binford thing is one of SarDragon's trademarks. It implies that the guy is a "tool".
Geez, didn't you ever watch Tool Time? >:D

davidsinn

Quote from: PHall on July 29, 2011, 03:48:50 AM
Quote from: HGjunkie on July 29, 2011, 03:42:02 AM
Quote from: SarDragon on July 29, 2011, 03:14:37 AM

I got a different result (?).

The Binford thing is one of SarDragon's trademarks. It implies that the guy is a "tool".
Geez, didn't you ever watch Tool Time? >:D

So he's the 5100 model?
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn