Wearing CAP Blues in Airport

Started by capsr, June 23, 2011, 11:40:01 PM

ol'fido

When you find a Federal judge who will let CAP or the DOD deny coverage or responsibility because Joe was wearing a crew neck t shirt instead of a v neck like the manual says, you let me know.
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

Eclipse

Quote from: ol'fido on November 07, 2012, 11:54:44 PM
When you find a Federal judge who will let CAP or the DOD deny coverage or responsibility because Joe was wearing a crew neck t shirt instead of a v neck like the manual says, you let me know.

The argument all along has been in regards to the absence of a uniform, not a minor infraction.

Minimize the risk all you want, I sincerely hope no one is ever in the position to even have the conversation, however FW has already
said this positon was considered at least twice.

Are you willing to bet your house on this?  Or advise others to?

I'm not.

"That Others May Zoom"

ol'fido

Quote from: Eclipse on November 08, 2012, 12:21:54 AM
Quote from: ol'fido on November 07, 2012, 11:54:44 PM

The argument all along has been in regards to the absence of a uniform, not a minor infraction.

Minimize the risk all you want, I sincerely hope no one is ever in the position to even have the conversation, however FW has already
said this positon was considered at least twice.
I
Are you willing to bet your house on this?  Or advise others to?

I'm not.
Oh,so how did this conversation start. It started with someone saying uniform infractions could deny you coverage.
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

So it is clearly in our best interest to have the regulations ammended removing all uniforms & uniform requirements.  This would eliminate this tort risk, would save money and would reduce the topics of discussion on CAP Talk.  Please read with a sarcastic voice!

Blues Brother

This discussion just gives you the warm and fuzzies dont it??

SarDragon

Quote from: Blues Brother on November 08, 2012, 01:56:40 AM
This discussion just gives you the warm and fuzzies dont it??

Only when wearing a wool uniform.  >:D
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Eclipse

Quote from: ol'fido on November 08, 2012, 01:15:46 AM
Oh,so how did this conversation start. It started with someone saying uniform infractions could deny you coverage.

I would certainly consider not wearing one an infraction.

Things amped up when Ned (who is hopefully sipping a Mai Tai right now) said that NHQ would never, ever consider uniform issues
in regards to member benefits.  he has experience in these matters, but NHQ is not the sole voice in these situations.

And here we are...

"That Others May Zoom"

a2capt

But.. there's precedent ..  8)

Every time this debate starts.. I think of this ad I had stashed. Last evening I found it by chance, whilst thinning papers and going through a "CAP" box. (See Attached)
QuoteAnd we promise: no meetings, no uniforms, unless you want them. Just a chance to be a hero. And you don't get a chance like that too often these days.

Garibaldi

Quote from: Eclipse on November 08, 2012, 02:09:56 AM
Quote from: ol'fido on November 08, 2012, 01:15:46 AM

I would certainly consider not wearing one an infraction.

Things amped up when Ned (who is hopefully sipping a Mai Tai right now) said that NHQ would never, ever consider uniform issues
in regards to member benefits.  he has experience in these matters, but NHQ is not the sole voice in these situations.

And here we are...

How long ago was that? I remember mentioning it in a post a long time ago but I don't think it was this one.  :-[
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

Blues Brother

Quote from: a2capt on November 08, 2012, 06:12:06 PM
But.. there's precedent ..  8)

Every time this debate starts.. I think of this ad I had stashed. Last evening I found it by chance, whilst thinning papers and going through a "CAP" box. (See Attached)
QuoteAnd we promise: no meetings, no uniforms, unless you want them. Just a chance to be a hero. And you don't get a chance like that too often these days.
That is classic!!!!