Main Menu

ABU's???

Started by CAPCAPT41, May 24, 2011, 10:25:21 PM

PHall

Quote from: mclarke on June 01, 2011, 12:30:22 AM
Simple response: I have spoke to National about this. They will not even ask/consider ABUs untill the phase out of the USAF is completed. In other words, until 2012 there will be no mention of consideration for CAP to wear the ABUs. Anything you hear about us wearing ABUs prior to 2012 will just be a rumor.

Funny, GEN Courter said something totally different this last weekend. I think I'll go with what the General said.

And what she said is that the CAP-USAF/CC will send a request up the chain this week asking when we can expect to be authorized to wear the ABU.
The mandatory wear date for the Air Force is 1 Oct 2011. And the supply system is fully caught up with demand.
She expects to have an answer before the National Boards in August.

jimmydeanno

I really think that the supply "issue" isn't an issue at all.  I think that there is an assumption from the AF higher ups that authorizing CAP to wear ABUs will result in 60K+ sets (people will buy more than one set) flying off the MCSS shelves on day 1, creating some sort of shortage that will result in their Airmen being unable to replace their uniforms.

In reality, it'll be a slow phase in anyway as most units aren't near an MCSS, some will purchase from online vendors, etc.

If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

PHall

The "supply issue" was one of the reasons why the Air Force asked us to wait.
And during the first couple of years of the ABU conversion there were some major supply issues.
Congress inserted a "buy American" clause in the DoD Authorization bill which resulted in a couple of suppliers being decertified.
So yeah, for awhile there were shortages in the more popular sizes.

NCRblues

Quote from: PHall on June 01, 2011, 06:14:30 PM
And during the first couple of years of the ABU conversion there were some major supply issues.
Congress inserted a "buy American" clause in the DoD Authorization bill which resulted in a couple of suppliers being decertified.

It was in such short supply i literally played tug O' war with a e-7 as an e-4 on lackland for pants in my size....  ;D
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

HGjunkie

Quote from: NCRblues on June 01, 2011, 06:42:09 PM
It was in such short supply i literally played tug O' war with a e-7 as an e-4 on lackland for pants in my size....  ;D

Should have gotten a video.  ;D
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

Майор Хаткевич

Who won!?

NCRblues

Quote from: USAFaux2004 on June 01, 2011, 08:10:49 PM

Who won!?

We pulled back and forth to a standstill... then he pulled rank.....  :-\

I was ANGRY...i had the top, undershirts, boots, and abu colors name tapes...but no dang pants....  >:D
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

Eclipse

Are you guys still talking about this?

I already told you, CAP will never get ABU's....

"That Others May Zoom"

HGjunkie

Quote from: NCRblues on June 01, 2011, 08:23:00 PM
I was ANGRY...i had the top, undershirts, boots, and abu colors name tapes...but no dang pants....  >:D

You should have shown up to work wearing everything but the pants and put long-johns on...  :P
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

AngelWings

Quote from: Eclipse on June 01, 2011, 08:29:12 PM

Unoptomistic I see... Come in here and kill all of our fun  :clap:  :-[

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: Littleguy on June 01, 2011, 08:36:16 PM
Quote from: Eclipse on June 01, 2011, 08:29:12 PM

Unoptomistic I see... Come in here and kill all of our fun  :clap:  :-[

Not unoptimistic...just realistic.  I sure don't have an expected place in my uniform closet for a set of ABU's with CAP insignia.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

sab163

if it happens then it happens, and if it don't then it don't.

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: sab163 on June 01, 2011, 08:55:30 PM

That's about as good as I could put it.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: sab163 on June 01, 2011, 08:55:30 PM

The problem is, we'll look like a MESS during the transition. And if we start getting them say...2012, and it's phased OUT by 2016 for a DoD outfit...what a mess that will be...

sab163

The problem is, we'll look like a MESS during the transition. And if we start getting them say...2012, and it's phased OUT by 2016 for a DoD outfit...what a mess that will be...
[/quote]

Should we get them and they are phased out, we could keep them as an alt uniform instead of the BBDUs

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: USAFaux2004 on June 01, 2011, 09:10:10 PM

I'm going to wait for something in writing from the chaps/chapesses with egg on their caps before I lay any money out.

I'm doubly conscious of that since the CSU phase-out fiasco.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: sab163 on June 01, 2011, 09:16:31 PM

Should we get them and they are phased out, we could keep them as an alt uniform instead of the BBDUs

From what supply? Even less companies produce ABUs than did BDUs...

NM SAR

in the unlikely event that they do show up for CAP, I'm waiting for the drop-dead must-wear-by date.....those things are expensive

davidsinn

Quote from: NM SAR on June 02, 2011, 04:18:18 AM
in the unlikely event that they do show up for CAP, I'm waiting for the drop-dead must-wear-by date.....those things are expensive

I'm not going to worry about it. I'll just keep wearing my BBDU and hope they let us wear navy blue insignia someday.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

indygreg

Quote from: davidsinn on June 02, 2011, 04:25:12 AM
Quote from: NM SAR on June 02, 2011, 04:18:18 AM

I'm not going to worry about it. I'll just keep wearing my BBDU and hope they let us wear navy blue insignia someday.

Please let that happen.  That  looks so much better than the ultramarine blue.