Forget about CAP getting ABUs

Started by RiverAux, September 12, 2010, 04:06:45 PM

JArvey

Quote from: Eclipse on March 18, 2011, 02:41:56 AM
Quote from: JArvey on March 18, 2011, 02:41:04 AM
How many factories still make BDU's?

Talked to an AF officer this weekend, he said the AF reserves wear them untill october but they are not currently making any new BDUs for the AF. China does make a type of BDUs

wuzafuzz

Quote from: wuzafuzz on March 20, 2011, 04:00:25 AM
One would think the Air Force would be OK with CAP wearing an obvious shoulder patch, like NSCC does.  That would stand out more than grey shoulder marks.

Like these?

(Who knows, even Radioman may like the last one, since it is red.)
[/quote]
Exactly.  Everyone wearing the same patch, instead of various wing patches like we used to wear.  That would be distinctive enough that anyone with eyesight adequate to legally drive can distinguish CAP from AF in "low-light." 

I'm not suggesting there is a big need, since grey epaulets on service dress and ultramarine cloth on BDU tapes/badges is plenty distinctive.  They look goofy but they are plenty distinctive IMHO.
"You can't stop the signal, Mal."

Eclipse

Quote from: JArvey on March 20, 2011, 11:11:02 PM

Talked to an AF officer this weekend, he said the AF reserves wear them untill october but they are not currently making any new BDUs for the AF. China does make a type of BDUs

Who is "they"?

"China" as in the governmental organization known as the "People's Republic of China", may, in fact, not be producing BDU's, but I can guarantee you
there are plenty of factories in that country and other PAC-Rim nations which are.  Maylasia, for example.  Also, we (as in the US), are not the only country wearing woodland camo.

There's plenty out there.  Google shopping pops 5,300 results alone.

"That Others May Zoom"

JArvey

Quote from: Eclipse on March 21, 2011, 02:26:17 PM
Quote from: JArvey on March 20, 2011, 11:11:02 PM

Who is "they"?

"China" as in the governmental organization known as the "People's Republic of China", may, in fact, not be producing BDU's, but I can guarantee you
there are plenty of factories in that country and other PAC-Rim nations which are.  Maylasia, for example.  Also, we (as in the US), are not the only country wearing woodland camo.

There's plenty out there.  Google shopping pops 5,300 results alone.

He said the AF only uses BDUs produced in the US, and where did you get the number 1,427 factories?

Eclipse

Quote from: JArvey on March 22, 2011, 11:04:10 AMHe said the AF only uses BDUs produced in the US,

That's fine, but irrelevant to CAP.

We.

Aren't

In.

The.

Air Force.

So where the do, or do not, get their uniforms is only anecdotally interesting...

Quote from: JArvey on March 22, 2011, 11:04:10 AMand where did you get the number 1,427 factories?
OK.  Seriously? Owing to your status, I should be more clear with the [smartypants answer] tags.
I obviously made it up to make a point.

"That Others May Zoom"

Persona non grata

We need our own BDU'besides the blue, tan or grey >:D
Rock, Flag & Eagle.........

researchdoc

Public Affairs Officer NC-022
22nd v2.0 Podcast:  http://burlcapcast.net.tf
NC-022 Website:  http://doubledeuces.org

DC

You have to wonder how much they paid that guy to be photographed wearing that...  :o

majdomke

Perfect for out here in California