New SM Member BDU insignia

Started by mcsincnj, September 01, 2005, 01:08:25 AM

mcsincnj

I want to place an order at CAPMART for my son who has an order all ready to go. I also need to place an order for myself as a NEW SM. I have emailed my CO but he hasn't responed to my question yet - that is, what insignias does a SM get for the BDU and while I am at it since I don't know if I what I will be buying at Ft Dix as far as my uniform goes, I want to pick up my name plate -- aside from my last name, does anything else go on it?

Since there is no meeting next week, I am trying to get this order placed ASAP so my son's (cadet) uniform will be complte at his next mtg.

Thanks, M ???
Capt.Civil Air Patrol
I.T. Officer, NJ Wing

SarDragon

Check the CAPM 39-1 here (don't use the one on the CD, it might be the old one). Chapter 2 has the BDU info. Basically, you'll need, for each uniform, a wing patch, a name tape, a Civil Air Patrol tape, and metal cutouts (CAP) for the cadet, and cloth cutouts for the SM.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

mcsincnj

I know what it says in the manual - the real question I have I guess is what rank do I come in as.... I have prior Navy time when I was young (some 27years ago) I heard that counts ? but no one has told me and I don't want to place an order for the wrong insignia - I know about the wing patches and tapes etc.
Capt.Civil Air Patrol
I.T. Officer, NJ Wing

SarDragon

Further reply has been accomplished through PM.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret