Quick question on CAPT 116

Started by Stonewall, August 24, 2007, 02:32:38 AM

Stonewall

So I'm holding my current 101 card in my hand; the one I printed out last year.  It says I'm good to go on everything from GBD on down. 

After going on line to eServices, it now says my 101 card is not good anymore because 116 isn't current.

I know I've been out of the loop for a while, but do I have to take 116 again?  Part I and II, or just one part?
Serving since 1987.

jeders

If you haven't taken 116 since July '04 ( i think that's the right date) then you have to retake it because that's when they redid the test. And you have to take part I and II. If you have taken it since then, well then thank you technology.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

Stonewall

Okay, just figured it out.  All were taken before 2004.  Guess I know what I'm doing tonight.

Thanks.
Serving since 1987.

IceNine

Take the 117's as well, they are by the letter of the law required to hold a cert other than GES
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

Stonewall

Just finished 116 Part I.  Going in, cover me.  Part II here I come.
Serving since 1987.

Eclipse

There was a sundown on re-taking that test, and if you passed the date, all your ratings went *poof*, ground-up restart.

YMMV, I guess by state, but have you been gone since 2004 with no participation?  If so, your recurrency is going to be gone in any case.

"That Others May Zoom"

Stonewall

WHAT????

I'll be so ticked if I have to start at ground zero.  I took all these tests in 2003 and 2004 and as of 2 months ago my 101 card was still good to go online.  Now I check and it's out of date. 

Serving since 1987.

Stonewall

Just passed 116 Part II.

Just checked, it automatically updated my 101!

I'm good to go baby!

Current Quals:

Skill      Expiration
GBD    6/2009
GES    (No Expire)
GTL     6/2009
GTM1  6/2008
GTM2  6/2008
GTM3  6/2008
MRO    8/2009
SET     (No Expire)
UDF     4/2009
Serving since 1987.

RogueLeader

You might want to retake the 117 as well- if you haven't already.  It could get your quals kicked again- and they might not be so easily recovered.  I don't know either way, but things could happen.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

ELTHunter

Does OPSEC print out on the 101, I can't remember and mines at home?
Maj. Tim Waddell, CAP
SER-TN-170
Deputy Commander of Cadets
Emergency Services Officer

Stonewall

Serving since 1987.