Main Menu

NCSA Interviews

Started by 1st Sgt Bronco, January 19, 2020, 03:38:17 PM

1st Sgt Bronco

Hello everyone,

My wing has just decided, last minute, that we must conduct NCSA interviews. I was just wondering if anyone had any insight as to what I should expect? My wing programs SM hasn't sent me any info so I have no clue what I'm supposed to prepare for.

Thanks in advance!

BraveRifles19D

Know your general knowledge, know something about the activities you applied for and when they are, and make sure your uniform looks good and you have a haircut within regs.

Fester

Quote from: 1st Sgt Bronco on January 19, 2020, 03:38:17 PM
Hello everyone,

My wing has just decided, last minute, that we must conduct NCSA interviews. I was just wondering if anyone had any insight as to what I should expect? My wing programs SM hasn't sent me any info so I have no clue what I'm supposed to prepare for.

Thanks in advance!

1.  It wasn't last minute. 
2.  This is AT LEAST the 3rd year in a row they've been done. 
3.  Wing Staff has been sending Commanders and all member with a kywg.cap.gov email address constant reminders for probably 6 weeks.
4. "C/1stSgt" isn't a grade, let alone the correct abbreviation of one.
1stLt, CAP
Squadron CC
Group CPO
Eaker - 1996

jeders

Off topic responses removed, keep it on topic or it gets locked.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

1st Sgt Bronco

Quote from: Fester on January 20, 2020, 06:34:57 AM
Quote from: 1st Sgt Bronco on January 19, 2020, 03:38:17 PM
Hello everyone,

Thanks in advance!

1.  It wasn't last minute. 
2.  This is AT LEAST the 3rd year in a row they've been done. 
3.  Wing Staff has been sending Commanders and all member with a kywg.cap.gov email address constant reminders for probably 6 weeks.
4. "C/1stSgt" isn't a grade, let alone the correct abbreviation of one.

With all do respect, I apologize for my unofficial title I have not been on my Captalk account for over two years and I was just looking for some quick insight as I do not have ky.cap.gov email address and was not notified of these interviews till Friday 17 Jan.

I have always admired Captalk for the information that can be shared, however after so many megative responses and all the criticism I receive every time I post a quick question I will be discontinuing use of this forum all together. This forum was created on the foundation of helping other cadets succeed not to tear them down and criticise their every word. It deeply saddens and dissappoints me to see the amount of hateful responses to many young CAP members posts. As older more experienced members of civil air patrol we should be striving to lead and mentor younger members, but all I have seen is the destruction of their Cap careers and that is why Civil Air Patrol is dying as a program and why we are losing so many members. The older cadets lack the maturity and leadership to overlook a few mistakes and help the younger.

I thank the great administrators for attempting to keep Captalk a decent place of information. May you all eventually over come the negativity of so many members and make this a decent place of info swap again.

Eclipse

How about...

"Oh, really?  Sorry, my bad.  I didn't mean to make a negative connotation regarding
how my wing runs NCSA selections.  I'm just new and nervous about wanting to be able to go.

I signed up for the kywg email address - I didn't know about them, thanks.  I'm going to check
my eservices records to see if I can figure out why I am not receiving wing messages.

Changed my signature as well, good catch.

Now I have to go email the NCSA people to get more detail on the selection process, which is
what I should have done from the start..."

It's not really cricket to walk in the door and call out your Wing CP folks for poor execution,
which in fact turns out to not be true, and then complain about the board being negative
and the root cause of all that is wrong with CAP just because you don't get the answer you expected,
especially considering that this board isn't charged with answering specific questions about the
KYWG NSCA Selection process.

"That Others May Zoom"

jeders

If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse