Aviation sectional chart training .ppt???

Started by w7sar, February 07, 2009, 04:42:25 PM

w7sar

Before I go and create one, does anyone have a powerpoint series about aviation sectionals that they'd share?  Looking for something I could use or modify to teach basics of the chart to seniors/cadets who have limited flight experience.  Not too concerned about grids or SAR specifics, just the map's basics.  I have found a good .pdf file from the FAA and that would make good .ppt fodder.  But, if someone has already done one, I'm willing to save time and not re-invent wheels.

Thanks,
Jerry Wellman
Utah Wing
Jerry Wellman, Col., CAP
NHQ CAP Assistant Senior Program Manager
Command & Control Communications
jwellman@cap.gov
(C) 801.541.3741
U.S. Air Force Auxiliary

w7sar

I poked through all of those links and found some stuff....also stuff at the NESA site.  Nothing about just basic aeronautical maps.  So....armed with the .pdf files from the FAA site, I'm scanning, shooting photos and creating a basic .ppt for aero charts.  Will share when finished.

Jerry Wellman
Utah Wing
Jerry Wellman, Col., CAP
NHQ CAP Assistant Senior Program Manager
Command & Control Communications
jwellman@cap.gov
(C) 801.541.3741
U.S. Air Force Auxiliary

Major Carrales

Quote from: w7sar on February 12, 2009, 04:41:30 AM
I poked through all of those links and found some stuff....also stuff at the NESA site.  Nothing about just basic aeronautical maps.  So....armed with the .pdf files from the FAA site, I'm scanning, shooting photos and creating a basic .ppt for aero charts.  Will share when finished.

Jerry Wellman
Utah Wing

Please share it with me when you ahve finished it.  I want to teach cadets haw to read it.
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

LittleIronPilot

PLEASE share that when you are done!

I have some people that want to train as MO's that are NOT pilots. A basic aeronautical charts 101 would be very useful.

davedove

Quote from: Major Carrales on February 12, 2009, 05:09:46 AM
Please share it with me when you ahve finished it.  I want to teach cadets haw to read it.

Quote from: LittleIronPilot on February 13, 2009, 01:35:17 PM
PLEASE share that when you are done!

I have some people that want to train as MO's that are NOT pilots. A basic aeronautical charts 101 would be very useful.

Yes, please share it.  This would be valuable training for everyone, cadets and seniors.
David W. Dove, Maj, CAP
Deputy Commander for Seniors
Personnel/PD/Asst. Testing Officer
Ground Team Leader
Frederick Composite Squadron
MER-MD-003