Extension of Quals through completing higher level Qual

Started by VPI18, September 10, 2014, 01:48:19 AM

VPI18

Forgive me if this has been discussed here before, but I did not know how to even word this scenario to be easily searchable. 60-3 does not address this issue at all, so here goes.

Under the old Ops Quals, I observed a phenomenon in which the completion of a higher level qualification in the same area extended the expiration of a lower level qualification to the expiration date of the higher level qualification.

Example:
Cadet Snuffy completes his GTM3 in January 2010, which will expire in January 2013. He then completes his GTM2 in June 2010, which will expire in June 2013. But his Ops Quals now shows that his GTM3 also expires in June 2013. Cadet Snuffy then completes his GTM1 in September 2010, which will expire in September 2013. Now, September 2013 is also the expiration for both GTM2 and GTM3 as well in Ops Quals. Fast forward, and Flight Officer (former Cadet) Snuffy completes his GTL in March 2012, which will expire in March 2015. Now Ops Quals is showing that his GTM1, GTM2, and GTM3 all expire in March 2015.

Now, I'd just like to present several questions:

• Is there any regulatory guidance behind this phenomenon?
  • Does the new Ops Quals system behave the same way?
  • Does anyone have a list of qualification "hierarchies" that this applies to?
  • Does renewal trigger extension in the same manner as initial qualification? e.g. If FO Snuffy renews his GTL today, will his GTM1, 2, and 3 extend to the new GTL expiration date?

Eclipse

Downstream qualifications, entered properly, will automatically renew when a higher qual is renewed, not the other way around.

i.e. GTL renews GTMx & UDF is you have it, and MO renews MS. 

If they do not automatically renew, according to the table of equivalencies, then they need to be fixed by the helpdesk.

Sortie equivalences:
http://www.capmembers.com/emergency_services/operations_support/education_and_training/sortie-equivalency/

"That Others May Zoom"

VPI18

Thank you. I knew I've seen that chart somewhere before. My search only yielded the qualified supervisor chart, which looks similar but didn't seem quite right.

JeffDG

MP also renews MO and MS.

IC renews Section Chief and Branch Director quals.  OSC covers the BDs as well.  Any staff qual (IC, SC, BD) renews MSA IIRC. EIEIO  :D