MROs in the field

Started by UWONGO2, December 07, 2013, 10:48:21 PM

N7MOG

Randy, I like your way of thinking.  Even if a non GT qualed person was @ a mission, but had a license, this would work.  I know of Seniors that physically can't take much of a hike, but are capable of driving a team.  I remember when (for example) the Isrealies put handicapped people in positions that didn't require full capabilities...meaning there is a job for everyone if we think it through.
Bill
Bill Collister
SDWG DC
Cadet in 1968-1973 (Mitchell Award)
Collecter of knowledge since then, finding out my parents got real smart about the time I turned 18....
Improvise, Adapt and Overcome - Semper Fidelis

The original content of this post is Copyright (c) 2014 by William Collister.  The right to reproduce the content of this post within CAP-Talk only for the purposes of providing a quoted reply, by CAP-Talk users only, is specifically granted. All other rights, including "Fair Use," are specifically reserved.

Eclipse

Yes, there >is< something for everyone, but certain things simply aren't.

You're seriously suggesting putting someone with mobility issues and no field training into a DR?

Talk about mission liability.

Lowing the bar for the sake of inclusion doesn't lower the hazards they may encounter.

"That Others May Zoom"

Storm Chaser

I agree with Eclipse. Someone with mobility limitations has no place on a ground team. The risks exceed the potential benefits. Better to stay at mission base and contribute to the success of the mission from there.

Private Investigator

I agree with Eclipse.

The only person in the entire Wing that can do this task is mobility impared? Step back and reevaluate the situation.