GTM task sign offs

Started by vento, September 03, 2013, 06:11:41 PM

vento

Sorry if this is a silly question.
The question is: Can a GTM2 Trainee signoff tasks for GTM3 Trainee?
My interpretation of the rule is that the GTM2 Trainee must be SET AND be GTM3 rated for at least one year. However, a Hawk graduate tells me that it is not the case. The cadet believes that as a Hawk graduate he/she can sign off other cadets undergoing GTM3 training (in this case the Hawk graduate is a GTM2 trainee without SET). I ask the question because I am not familiar with the cadet program and have no knowledge about Hawk Rangers other than the graduates can wear a tab on their uniforms.
Thanks!

Eclipse

In order to be a GTM3 SET, you have to be a qualified GTM3 for a calendar year. GTM2 Trainee is irrelevant to this.

Also, the only way to be an SET, anywhere, is to be submitted through the unit and group and approved by your Wing CC
or designate (usually the ESO).

Participating at HMRS grants zero rights as an SET, and the fact that this is a cadet doesn't change anything.

"That Others May Zoom"

vento

Thanks for confirming. Now I know for sure how to proceed.

Sapper168

The 'hawk' cadet is confusing GTM quals and Ranger grades.
Shane E Guernsey, TSgt, CAP
CAP Squadron ESO... "Who did what now?"
CAP Squadron NCO Advisor... "Where is the coffee located?"
US Army 12B... "Sappers Lead the Way!"
US Army Reserve 71L-f5... "Going Postal!"

a2capt

Sigh.. 

Someone is going to be in for a rude awakening.

I don't care what anyone tells me. Common sense would dictate that there is not going to be a way to "get around" all the stuff that NHQ has done with some PAWG form.  PAWG's "parallel system" needs to be clarified on the bottom of each of those forms.

These are RANGER SCHOOL FORMS. For use AT HMRS. These are NOT SQTRs and signatures here do not mean the same thing. Period.

a2capt

Here's the deal:

http://capranger.org/forms.html

Look at the "testing sheets", at the top:
"These tests can only be administered by Ranger First Class, Advanced, Instructor, and Expert Rangers. Full signatures and dates required. "

Throw in "the Ranger rating is the same as the ground team rating, with added things" and they come back with "that means I can sign off ground team tasks".

Um.. No.

It means you can sign off whatever you want and it needs to pass muster in the little PAWG world that authorizes that stuff. It in now way or shape has anything to do with NHQ's ES rating system.

I think it's time for NHQ and PAWG to clear up this mess, and either bring HMRS and it's ratings into the same fold as NHQ's, or make it known that this stuff means NOTHING outside of PAWG, and aside from the training and experience gained, that's all you get. No ratings, privileges, or such, outside of it's own parallel universe.

I am not knocking on the actual activity itself, and the training/experiences that are done there. It's obviously well thought out. SQTRs and Ranger Test Sheets are TWO separate things. If whoever is signing off on those Ranger Sheets doesn't have the qualifications that CAPR 60-3 requires, that SQTR is worthless. OpsQuals won't even allow the data to be entered.

vento

^^ That really explains a lot. Thanks for sharing the info.