Main Menu

E6B???

Started by usafcap1, April 02, 2012, 06:57:24 AM

usafcap1

|GES|SET|BCUT|ICUT|FLM|FLS*|MS|CD|MRO*|AP|IS-100|IS-200|IS-700|IS-800|

(Cadet 2008-2012)

Air•plane / [air-pleyn] / (ar'plan')-Massive winged machines that magically propel them selfs through the sky.

Extremepredjudice

I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

MSG Mac

Also an  Boeing 707 derivitive AWACS plane
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

SarDragon

Not to be confused with the EA-6B, from Grumman.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

ol'fido

I have an E6B that a friend gave me. It came with a manual for the whiz wheel but I still don't know how to do the wind drift calculations. I did have a USAF navigator show me how, but I've slept since then. ;D
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

bflynn

An e6b is a manual calculating device.  Technologywise, it's similar to a slide rule, although this one is circular, so it's also known as the wiz-wheel.  The e6b is used to calculate commonly needed items for flying, such as gallons being consumed per hour or time/distance speed problems.  It can convert, such as kts to mph and it has some other functions.

On the back is a wind plotting device that can be used to estimate the impact of winds on your route of flight.

usafcap1

:o  :-[  :o Wow I feel really dumb. for asking this question. I'v used this item before I just didn't thats what it was called.  ;D
|GES|SET|BCUT|ICUT|FLM|FLS*|MS|CD|MRO*|AP|IS-100|IS-200|IS-700|IS-800|

(Cadet 2008-2012)

Air•plane / [air-pleyn] / (ar'plan')-Massive winged machines that magically propel them selfs through the sky.

FlyTiger77

Google is your friend.
JACK E. MULLINAX II, Lt Col, CAP

bflynn

So is everyone here.

Flying Pig

An E6B is a product of satan and his demons >:D