radio communications card

Started by USAFgirl, November 11, 2010, 02:30:34 PM

USAFgirl

hello! I just renewed my membership and i was looking at my radio communications card and it said that it was renewed with the membership. I definitely need a new one, my old one kinda got ruined from encampment :(
Thanks to anyone who can help me!
//SIGNED//
NIKYLA WARDROP, CAP
FRedericksburg Composite Sq.

lordmonar

PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Eclipse

Quote from: lordmonar on November 11, 2010, 02:36:13 PM
Not required any more.

The physical card or the rating?

I know my wing still issues and pays attention to the cards.  "A" are lifetime, "B" is two years.

Your Wing DC (note that is not the Vice Commander) can provide a replacement, or if your wing still uses the WMU to track
the cards, yo can print your own.

"That Others May Zoom"

lordmonar

BCUT is required...but there is no requirment to have the card anymore.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

IceNine

Is she in your wing and does your wing say it's not required?

If not then Eclipse had the right answer.
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

grp3eso

either way,  the Radio Authorization and the cap drivers license will appear on the 101 card in the near future.

Eclipse

Quote from: grp3eso on November 24, 2010, 03:43:51 PM
either way,  the Radio Authorization and the cap drivers license will appear on the 101 card in the near future.

By future do you mean...

The average member's career?  1-3 years?

Or geologic time where a century is but a moment?

"That Others May Zoom"

bosshawk

I seem to think that CAP uses geologic time.
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

exFlight Officer

Quote from: grp3eso on November 24, 2010, 03:43:51 PM

I would value this being on my 101 Card! What do you mean by "Future" ? How soon ? How did you come across this information ?

Thanks!

JoeTomasone

"Soon" (defined as "some time between now and the next ice age"), the BCUT and ACUT will give way to a new "ICUT" certification with online testing and tracking.   

FLWG still issues cards, needed or not.

arajca

FYI... I-CUT is due to be released in Sept 2008.

EMT-83

I never understood why these aren't on the 101 card. If NIMS and CERT are there, something that's actually a CAP qualification shouldn't be a big deal to track.

SarDragon

It requires someone to do programming on the eServices database to add the field and associated relationships. This is probably not a trivial effort, and will likely be accomplished when ICUT becomes a reality.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Eclipse

Quote from: arajca on November 25, 2010, 12:46:31 AM
FYI... I-CUT is due to be released in Sept 2008.

OK, that was awesome...

"That Others May Zoom"

Spaceman3750

Quote from: SarDragon on November 25, 2010, 01:12:52 AM
It requires someone to do programming on the eServices database to add the field and associated relationships. This is probably not a trivial effort, and will likely be accomplished when ICUT becomes a reality.

Unless there is existing functionality for NHQ/DO to dynamically add new quals on the fly, which I suspect there is.

EMT-83

Hence the reference to NIMS and CERT.

davidsinn

Quote from: Spaceman3750 on November 25, 2010, 10:25:04 AM
Quote from: SarDragon on November 25, 2010, 01:12:52 AM

Unless there is existing functionality for NHQ/DO to dynamically add new quals on the fly, which I suspect there is.

They added the ground handling video requirement pretty quickly...
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

grp3eso

by near i mean by the end of January 2011.  i am on the national IT committee and it is now on the 101 card in the development system. once they get the bugs ironed out it will go to production.

arajca

Quote from: grp3eso on November 26, 2010, 06:43:00 PM
by near i mean by the end of January 2011.  i am on the national IT committee and it is now on the 101 card in the development system. once they get the bugs ironed out it will go to production.
Has anyone told the Communications Team at National about this? Particularly the time line.

grp3eso

i am sure that they are in the "loop" because the I-cut came up on our committee call. the comm folk need to update the IT folk on how to handle this.