Main Menu

BCUT

Started by Wolfman21, May 14, 2010, 02:10:50 PM

Wolfman21

Hello all,
I was just wondering if the change from needing BCUT to needing ICUT is real and if cadets are included in the change, because I have heard talk about it and wanted to see if there was any more info anyone had on it.
Thanks
C/SrA Kidd
Element leader
GLR-KY-216
Ft. Campbell composite squadron
"EAGLES OF MERCEY"

JC004

What?  Why would cadets be exempt from this?

arajca

It will be real, once I-CUT is released (or escapes).

Cadets will NOT be exempt. Pilots will NOT be exempt. Everyone will need to take I-CUT during their ES qual renewal cycle, even if you just took B-CUT the day before I-CUT came out.

Eclipse

A-Cut's, too.

I've been told by my Wing's DC that it will be an online update for existing card holders.

"That Others May Zoom"

Spaceman3750

Quote from: Eclipse on May 14, 2010, 03:26:01 PM
A-Cut's, too.

I've been told by my Wing's DC that it will be an online update for existing card holders.

*sigh* I was afraid someone was going to say that. I don't understand why you would have to re-do or modify training tagged with "advanced" because new training tagged "introductory" came out.

davidsinn

Quote from: Spaceman3750 on May 14, 2010, 03:28:18 PM
A-Cut's, too.

*sigh* I was afraid someone was going to say that. I don't understand why you would have to re-do or modify training tagged with "advanced" because new training tagged "introductory" came out.

The I is integrated not introductory. From what I've heard it's going to be modular and you only take the modules you need for a specific task.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

ßτε

Quote from: davidsinn on May 14, 2010, 03:32:22 PM
A-Cut's, too.

The I is integrated not introductory. From what I've heard it's going to be modular and you only take the modules you need for a specific task.
I guess they missed that in the CAPR 100-1
Quotea. Introductory Communications Users Training (ICUT). The CAP National Board has approved a plan that will introduce a new ICUT course, taken either on-line or in classroom settings. This course will replace both the Basic Communications User training (BCUT) described in para b. below, and the Advanced Communication Users training (ACUT) described in para 5-3 below.

davidsinn

Quote from: bte on May 14, 2010, 03:43:33 PM
A-Cut's, too.

I guess they missed that in the CAPR 100-1
Quotea. Introductory Communications Users Training (ICUT). The CAP National Board has approved a plan that will introduce a new ICUT course, taken either on-line or in classroom settings. This course will replace both the Basic Communications User training (BCUT) described in para b. below, and the Advanced Communication Users training (ACUT) described in para 5-3 below.

Guess I need to reread 100-1. I just know that was the term thrown around at wing conference. Looks like a lot of people have that wrong.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

arajca

The initial plan was:
I-CUT replaces B-CUT
Permit Holders Module replaces A-CUT

Current plan:
???

Spaceman3750

Will the latter be online like ICUT? I really don't want to do another 4-5 hour class on top of a 2 hour drive if I can help it.

arajca

It was/is supposed to be.

Wolfman21

Ok, thanks to all.....I hope it starts soon I realy don't want to have to wait 2 years befor I get qual for something (2 years because we have only 1 CUT class a year usealy).  :'(
C/SrA Kidd
Element leader
GLR-KY-216
"EAGLES OF MERCEY"

davidsinn

Quote from: Wolfman21 on May 14, 2010, 11:28:40 PM
Ok, thanks to all.....I hope it starts soon I realy don't want to have to wait 2 years befor I get qual for something (2 years because we have only 1 CUT class a year usealy).

Just ask your comm officer to have a BCUT class.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

Wolfman21

I have but we've been busy getting ready for the SAREVAL that started today for KYWG.....Our squadron van blew a tire on the way up there and damaged the gas tank so they had a tow truck come get them  :( I hope we get a new van now, we have a VERY old van. The oldest in the wing, sadly to say. Everyone is ok, which is excellent. :)
C/SrA Kidd
Element leader
GLR-KY-216
"EAGLES OF MERCEY"

Wolfman21

Were planning on having one the next month or two. :)
C/SrA Kidd
Element leader
GLR-KY-216
"EAGLES OF MERCEY"

Groner1661

A-Cut's, too.

5-1. Requirements for Operating a CAP Radio Station. CAP radio stations are authorized by the Federal Government through the NTIA for emergency, training, and operational activities. Members are authorized to operate CAP radio stations upon certification by wing or higher authority. No CAP member may attend CAP radio operator training without first completing on-line CAP Operational Security (OPSEC) Training and having agreed to the on-line non-disclosure agreement.
a. Introductory Communications Users Training (ICUT). The CAP National Board has approved a plan that will introduce a new ICUT course, taken either on-line or in classroom settings. This course will replace both the Basic Communications User training (BCUT) described in para b. below, and the Advanced Communication Users training (ACUT) described in para 5-3 below. When introduced, interim guidance will be posted on the secure NTC website and announced on the CAP-DC listserv.

DakRadz

A) ^^^ This is from 2010... Just FYI.

B) So is ICUT out or what? Any news on what happened to it?

arajca

Quote from: DakRadz on July 16, 2011, 01:00:33 AM
A) ^^^ This is from 2010... Just FYI.

B) So is ICUT out or what? Any news on what happened to it?
Officially, there is no release date. So far every date given has been missed and they finally realized the continually missing release dates frustrates members more than not having it out.

Eclipse

Based on a conversation with my Wing's DC last week, the original idea is essentially "dead", and while it is assumed that something online
will come out eventually, there isn't even a conversation about it right not.

A&B will be the "Way" for the foreseeable future.

"That Others May Zoom"

arajca

Which is what I've been telling my instructors for some time.

DakRadz

Ah well. I'm taking BCUT in a week or two anyway. Just wondered if anything had come of this.

RADIOMAN015

Quote from: DakRadz on July 16, 2011, 08:43:59 PM
Ah well. I'm taking BCUT in a week or two anyway. Just wondered if anything had come of this.
No news, is good news in some circles :angel:   We are still using the wing developed slides for B Cut for local classes.  .
RM