Scheduling options?

Started by a2capt, December 03, 2007, 04:31:33 AM

a2capt

What options are being used for scheduling?

I'm asking this because I'm assuming operation of a flying club, and curious what commercial options for scheduling are available that I can use to integrate with payment methods (credit cards), and that will give some reporting back as to utilization.

There's lots renters here, as well as units with aircraft.. Should be a good place to get some input..

So far I've found/know about;

aircraftclubs.com  <-- Drop dead simple, no reporting options though, very flexible viewing
schedulemaster.com <-- Ambiguous pricing, seems easy to use
schedulepoint.com <-- Not sure about this one, the interface is kinda okay.
myfbo.com <-- OMG, information overload and 'complification' galore. But powerfully configurable.
cassitechnology.com <-- Seems about the same as aircraftclubs.com except blindingly expensive.
flight-broker.com <-- Free. Pretty close to aircraftclubs.com, too.  PHP/open source if you pay 399 euro.
aerocalendar.com <-- seems straight forward, basic scheduling.
flightnet.aero <-- another simplistic feeling one.
u-reserve-it.com <-- Reminds me of Abbot & Costello.
localhangar.com <-- Blech. Didn't like it at all.
skyscheduler.com <-- Integrated reporting/payment/etc.
flightschedulepro.com <-- This feels like something you have to install. Don't know why..
tak-off.com <-- Pet peeve, something about poor spelling.. or maybe it's Bob  & Doug..
UVflightplanner.com <-- Not scheduling, but listed for reference.
scheduleaplane.com <-- Just scheduling, no payments, simple reporting

Any others?

Larry Mangum

In Washington we have used Schedulemaster for at least 6 years, however we are switching to FlightSchedule Pro as NHQ has a version that the company donated to CAP.  You access it through eServices as a restricted menu choice. This means your WSA must grant you permission before you can see it.  I am not sure if it has been implemented yet, but it is my understanding that eventually it will be tied into MIMS and the pilot module. Once this is done, a pilot will not be able to schedule an aircraft if he is not current in MIMS. 

The major reason we are making this move, however is that it costs the wing over $1,500 a year to use schedulemaster for 11 aircraft and FlightSchedulePro does not cost us anything.
Larry Mangum, Lt Col CAP
DCS, Operations
SWR-SWR-001

Camas

Quote from: wawgcap on December 03, 2007, 04:47:21 AM
You access it through eServices as a restricted menu choice. This means your WSA must grant you permission before you can see it.

I haven't seen Flight Schedule Pro but I understand the problem with it is that isn't very user friendly.  Is this application being used much by any wing?

ricecakecm

Missouri is starting to use flightschedulepro.

It cost the wing about $300 for a year.  I like that it has maintenance tracking features.  Seems like a decent program so far.

a2capt

Flight Schedule Pro demo;

FWIW - I don' t feel the interface is horrible. Some of those others I posted are really really bad.

http://demosystem.flightschedulepro.com

SJFedor

My group uses FSP religiously. The user interface isn't too bad. The Mx features are real nice, as long as the pilots close their tickets after each flight and enter the start/stop hobbs and tach.

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)