Reinstatement after Retirement

Started by West MI-CAP-Ret, October 14, 2019, 07:10:52 PM

West MI-CAP-Ret

Where can I find the procedures for being reinstatement to CAP after retirement?

I thought it'd be under CAPR 35-5, but couldn't find it.  However, I did find the procedures for returning to CAP for members who left under good standings.  I thought (I remember) there is a procedure to return after a senior member has been retired.

Can someone with a personnel background let me know which manual this should be in?  I'll keep looking myself.

Thanks  8)
MAJ DAVID J. D'ARCY, CAP (Ret) 8 Apr 2018 (1974-1982, 1988-2018)
A former member of:
West Michigan Group MI-703,
Hudsonville Cadet Sqdron MI-135 (name changed to Park Township, Al Johnson Cadet Sqdrn)
Lakeshore Cadet Sqdrn MI-119
Van Dyke Cadet Sqdrn, MI-117
Phoenix Cadet Sqdrn MI-GLR-MI-065 (inactive)
Novi Sixgate Cadet Sqdrn (inactive), MI-068
Inkster Cherry Hill Cadet Sqdrn MI-GLR-MI-283 (inactive)

Eclipse

CAPR 39-2, Page 20: https://www.gocivilairpatrol.com/media/cms/R039_002_A74FDA9552C2D.pdf

"4.3.2. Return to Active Status. Retired members may reapply for active membership with the
approval of the National Commander. The grade upon rejoining as an active member is the same
grade held while in retirement status. Complete CAPF 12 and fingerprint card (FD Form 258).
The application will be annotated across the top "RETIRED MEMBER RETURNING TO ACTIVE
STATUS". Upon approval by the unit commander, the application and fingerprint card are
submitted, along with ACTIVE member dues, to National Headquarters/DPM. National
Headquarters will obtain the National Commander's approval prior to processing. In order to
reinstate the member at the last grade held as an active member, a copy of the CAPF 2A placing
the member in retired status (or a copy of the retirement certificate) will be attached to the CAPF
12 and forwarded to National Headquarters."

"That Others May Zoom"

SARDOC

Why do we make it so difficult for a retired member to reaffiliate?  I don't know why a Lieutenant Colonel who retires after 20 years of service, needs authorization from the National Commander to  become active again.  But a Lieutenant Colonel who just let's their membership expire after 20 years of service...just needs to get the authorization of a squadron commander.

Eclipse

Quote from: Eclipse on October 14, 2019, 07:14:04 PM...along with ACTIVE member dues,

This is kinda funny as well, being another partially implemented idea left by the side of the road.

"That Others May Zoom"

Lord of the North

The requirement for National Commander's approval to allow a retired member to become active was created a number of years ago after past wing commander who had been the target of the NHQ mafia, continued to try to make his case known. (eventually he was successful) but to stop the war that was in progress, he agreed to retire.  Immediately after his retirement was accomplished, the regulation was changes to require the National commander's approval prior to returning to active membership.

NIN

yeah, General Carr was like "Ninness? That guy again?"

But yet, here I am :)

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.