Need help for tonight's meeting!

Started by Walkman, October 06, 2015, 07:20:03 PM

Walkman

I'm running on very little sleep and work overload the past couple of weeks. I'm teaching the ES block in the cadet meeting tonight, and my sleep deprived brain is stuck in neutral.

I need an ES based activity I can do with pre-GES cadets that is hands-on and not death-by-PPT, that can be done inside our Army Reserve Center drill hall. 30-ish minutes.

Recently we practiced litter carries. We have an ELT and L'per, but not sure how effective that will be inside the drill hall.

In the meantime, I'll be searching out copious amounts of caffeine...

arajca

Using a practice beacon and L'Per can make for some interesting discussion on signal bounce and tracking around hangars. Do you happen to have a rubber duckie antenna for the L'Per or can you lower the output power on the beacon? Can you put the beacon under a desk? Preferably a metal one with a modesty panel. 

Jaison009

Walk through a mission from incident to termination. Talk about how the beacon works, when it is picked up, etc. How is CAP notified? Timing? etc.

Quote from: Walkman on October 06, 2015, 07:20:03 PM
I'm running on very little sleep and work overload the past couple of weeks. I'm teaching the ES block in the cadet meeting tonight, and my sleep deprived brain is stuck in neutral.

I need an ES based activity I can do with pre-GES cadets that is hands-on and not death-by-PPT, that can be done inside our Army Reserve Center drill hall. 30-ish minutes.

Recently we practiced litter carries. We have an ELT and L'per, but not sure how effective that will be inside the drill hall.

In the meantime, I'll be searching out copious amounts of caffeine...

C/SrA Ravlin

You could discuss first aid or what to do when a victim is found... You want to grab their attention right away with something interesting... Maybe have a couple of cadets act injured and they have to help them and carry them out...
Cadet SrA Ravlin
Cadet Communications NCO
Boise RMR-ID-073
"Semper Vigilans"
www.gocivilairpatrol.com
www.boisecap.org