Membership expired now I want to renew

Started by 1st Sgt Bronco, April 21, 2018, 04:27:33 AM

1st Sgt Bronco

Hey everyone. I was a cadet for like 3 yrs and went inactive last year. I let my membership expire and am now ready to jump back in. Does anyone know how all this works? Like will I get my same Capid back and still have my rank or will I have to start from square one again?

Starbird

1) How long ago did you expire, exactly and;

2) Are you over or under 18 right now?

SarDragon

You will retain the same CAPID.

If you are transferring from Cadet to SM, you will need to do a CAPF 12, a fingerprint card, and pay the SM dues.

If you are coming back in as a cadet, there are time limits, IAW CAPR 39-1, quoted below.

6.2. Renewal Period. The membership renewal period is 60 days prior and 180 days following the membership expiration date. Additionally, upon acceptance by the unit and higher headquarters, active members may late renew at any time within two years of the membership expiration date by paying retroactive dues. The renewal period following the membership expiration date is an administrative convenience only. This is not a "grace" period. An individual is not a CAP member and is not authorized to participate in CAP activities after the membership expiration date until renewal dues are accepted by National Headquarters for another membership year. Active, patron and cadet sponsor members must reconfirm their adherence to the Oath of Membership in order to renew.

6.2.1. Cadets not renewing within 90 days following their membership expiration date have the option of rejoining (through their unit of assignment providing they still meet the initial membership eligibility criteria) or late renewing. Late renewals will be accepted up to 180 days from the expiration date and are subject to acceptance by the unit and higher headquarters and payment of retroactive membership dues.

6.2.1.1. Cadets rejoining after a break in service will be credited with previous accomplishments as evidenced in their personnel files.

6.2.1.2. In those cases where National Headquarters accepts a late membership renewal that is not acceptable to the member's unit or intermediate headquarters, the unit concerned will notify National Headquarters and the membership will be declared null and void and membership dues refunded.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

1st Sgt Bronco

My membership expired almost five months ago. I will be going back in as a cadet. So according to regulation, forgive me if I'm reading this wrong. I have the option of a late renewal. Where I will still get my same Capid back and will also retain the same rank if approved by my former unit, correct?

OldGuy

Quote from: Sgt Bronco on April 21, 2018, 06:35:57 PM
My membership expired almost five months ago. I will be going back in as a cadet. So according to regulation, forgive me if I'm reading this wrong. I have the option of a late renewal. Where I will still get my same Capid back and will also retain the same rank if approved by my former unit, correct?
Yes.

NIN

call down to NHQ, and follow the voice prompts for Membership. 1-334-953-7748  (there is an 800 #, but jeez, I never use it)

that will get you to the appropriate party. Call after 8:30 or 9 central.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.