Main Menu

NCSA Greenlighting

Started by _andrew_lu, March 05, 2019, 09:05:03 PM

_andrew_lu

I had the NCSA boards a month and a half ago and got greenlighted by my wing's director of cadet programs, but when the slotting came out, I didn't get primary status for anything. I applied for NBB, COS, NCC staff, and Space Fam in Florida. I missed the COS age requirement by one day, but will be old enough when NBB starts which is a factor worth mentioning. How can someone get greenlighted but someone else who hasn't been greenlighted get accepted to the same NCSA?

Sincerely,
C/Capt Lu

abdsp51

Greenlighting just bumps you up in your wings standing of applicants.  The final decision for selection is the activity staff.

_andrew_lu

How does the point system work then? On capmembers you get 100 more points if you get greenlighted.

MSG Mac

Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

Offutteer

It about the points and the priority you place on the activities you select.  So, let's say you were greenlighted and wanted COS, but you put a flight academy as your first choice.  Then the system would try to slot you to the flight academy.  We'll say that the person who wasn't greenlighted had COS first.  It would try to slot them into COS first.  The system is designed to get a cadet in highest ranked activity with a slot open.

As an example, person 150 has COS, NBB and then NFA as their rankings.  The first 149 people would get their slots if available, then the system would get to person 150.  It looks, is COS open, no, okay, is NBB open, no, okay is NFA open, Yes.  Then the person is slotted for NFA. And then it goes to the next person...

After exhausting the list of applicants, it starts over to try to give cadets a second activity. 

Kayll'b

I actually just went through a class on this today. here is a link that has the actual chart showing how you get points.
https://www.gocivilairpatrol.com/programs/cadets/activities/national-cadet-special-activities/national-cadet-activity-application-instructions
Greenlighting makes it so that you get in almost no matter what happens.
C/Capt

Mitchell # 69847

Squadron Cadet Leadership officer

GCAC Recorder