Nevada Green Flag West Squadron

Started by Short Field, February 19, 2010, 02:53:12 AM

Short Field

Quote from: blackrain on February 24, 2010, 04:30:22 AM
On a side note does anyone know of any CAP squadrons commanded by an AD (not retired) O-5 or above anywhere in the US?
PCR-NV-071, Green Flag West Support Senior Squadron
SAR/DR MP, ARCHOP, AOBD, GTM1, GBD, LSC, FASC, LO, PIO, MSO(T), & IC2
Wilson #2640

Flying Pig

Thats what blackrain was talking about.  In addition to the Sq in NV.

Captain Morgan

The GOBs are a real problem in CAP.  I've heard some serious Nevada GOB stories!  When I joined, there were a few pockets of GOBs in KY, but I'm glad to say they've pretty much been eradicated, silenced, or reluctantly converted to productive CAP members.  GOBs are basically lazy, so it is easy to overcome them by ganging up and volunteering for staff and leadership positions.  When you're in charge, the GOBs can be overruled.

Our region, however, has a GOB Archer Squadron.  I was uniquely qualified to work with the Archer technology because of work experience, but was ignored when I refused to abandon my Squadron to join the Archer Squadron.  We were required to utilize them in our Eval a couple of years ago.  They showed up unprepared and we basically sent them home unused.

GOBs suck the wind out of energetic new members and have to go.
Don C. Morgan, Lt Col
AL3, AOBD, GTM3, IC3, IO, LO, MP, MSO
KY Wing Government Relations Officer
Blue Grass Senior Squadron ES Officer
Lexington, KY

Gunner C

NCWG has two GOB units.  One is "The Charlotte Air Force."  A while back, you couldn't use their aircraft, even if it was sitting there collecting dust.  The other is the folks around Raleigh.  Last I heard they had 3 aircraft there when there are other units dying on the vine for lack of aircraft.

The Nevada GFS sounds like it will end up being the same, except they won't need those pesky uniforms.

a2capt

Too bad it's not this simple:

In PCR, NVWG is certainly not alone. Sad to say..

Flying Pig

There is one person responsible for those types of units, and thats the Wing CC's.  I can honestly say that I dont know of any GOB Sqs of any real significance in CAWG.