Main Menu

Slow loads and misfires

Started by Eclipse, June 17, 2011, 12:06:27 AM

Eclipse

Getting a lot of slow loads and page unavailables today and yesterday.
Doesn't appear to be an issue on my end.

"That Others May Zoom"

Майор Хаткевич

whatevah

I'm aware. Ongoing issue with my server ISP.
Jerry Horn
CAPTalk Co-Admin

a2capt

Seems like it's been doing this for the last couple months at least, getting more often recently.

Al Sayre

I just had it ask me for my cacti login name & password.  I closed the window and tried it again and it came right up.  I have no idea what the cacti thing is about.
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

JC004

Quote from: Al Sayre on June 17, 2011, 01:42:59 AM
I just had it ask me for my cacti login name & password.  I closed the window and tried it again and it came right up.  I have no idea what the cacti thing is about.

That's for prickly CAPTalk members.

jimmydeanno

Quote from: JC004 on June 17, 2011, 02:28:43 AM

That's for prickly CAPTalk members.

Darn you and your bug.   :D
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

HGjunkie

I feel slow, but I don't get the bug. It's entertaining though.  ;D
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

whatevah

well, an update... the support guys didn't see anything wrong.  naturally.  they want me to send them some logs when it's happening.   if any of you linux guys can run an MTR when you see a problem, that'd be cool.  they want it to run for 100 pings.  lol    I'll do it myself tomorrow if I'm awake when it happens (I work nights).  windows guys can do it with this: http://winmtr.net/download-winmtr/
Jerry Horn
CAPTalk Co-Admin

Eclipse

I just got that as well, after about 3 or for "unavailables"

"That Others May Zoom"

SoCalMarine

Yeah, I have to agree. Its been steadily getting worse over the last three or four days.

davidsinn

I've been getting timeouts and partial loads for a week or so. Today I actually got a 504 error.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

whatevah

Quote from: whatevah on June 18, 2011, 06:00:15 AMif any of you linux guys can run an MTR when you see a problem, that'd be cool.  they want it to run for 100 pings.  lol    I'll do it myself tomorrow if I'm awake when it happens (I work nights).  windows guys can do it with this: http://winmtr.net/download-winmtr/
thanks for the help...
Jerry Horn
CAPTalk Co-Admin

caphornbuckle

I think it's getting worse.  I get the cacti login screen on practically every link now.  When I refresh, it comes up fine.  Just FYI.
Lt Col Samuel L. Hornbuckle, CAP

davidsinn

Quote from: whatevah on June 19, 2011, 12:19:38 AM
Quote from: whatevah on June 18, 2011, 06:00:15 AMif any of you linux guys can run an MTR when you see a problem, that'd be cool.  they want it to run for 100 pings.  lol    I'll do it myself tomorrow if I'm awake when it happens (I work nights).  windows guys can do it with this: http://winmtr.net/download-winmtr/
thanks for the help...

Before I go and download an unknown program could you tell me what it does?
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

HGjunkie

I've been getting this about every time I want to load a page and it just sticks there unless I refresh. No me gusta.
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

whatevah

This will hopefully be over soon. The datacenter the server is in says that they've had a massive ddos attack. You guys need to just grin and bear it, while the guys I'm apparently overpaying get this fixed.
Jerry Horn
CAPTalk Co-Admin