Main Menu

Acceptable boots

Started by Hawk200, August 03, 2020, 02:11:28 PM

Hawk200

I'm looking at these. https://www.rockyboots.com/public-service/rocky-side-zipper-jump-boot/FQ0002091.html

Basically, three uniform wear. They're a little shorter than typical, but can't find anything in CAPR 39-1 on minimum height.

Think about would have issues with them?

TheSkyHornet

They appear to be okay. You'd want to ensure that they appear "normal" when pants are bloused. You'll want to ensure that whatever you wear keeps the crawlies out in the field.

Capt Thompson

Neither 39-1 or the AFI stipulate a minimum boot height, and these look fine to me, I doubt anyone would have an issue.
Capt Matt Thompson
Deputy Commander for Cadets, Historian, Public Affairs Officer

Mitchell - 31 OCT 98 (#44670) Earhart - 1 OCT 00 (#11401)

Hawk200

Quote from: TheSkyHornet on August 03, 2020, 02:21:17 PMThey appear to be okay. You'd want to ensure that they appear "normal" when pants are bloused. You'll want to ensure that whatever you wear keeps the crawlies out in the field.

They'd probably look like I bloused them lower, but I was kinda thinking in the same vein you were. As retired Army, I still think of the "no lower than the third eyelet of the boot" rule when it comes to Army utilities. These look like it would still maintain the same appearance, until you get closer and realize they're at the top.

TheSkyHornet

Quote from: Hawk200 on August 04, 2020, 02:18:29 PM
Quote from: TheSkyHornet on August 03, 2020, 02:21:17 PMThey appear to be okay. You'd want to ensure that they appear "normal" when pants are bloused. You'll want to ensure that whatever you wear keeps the crawlies out in the field.

They'd probably look like I bloused them lower, but I was kinda thinking in the same vein you were. As retired Army, I still think of the "no lower than the third eyelet of the boot" rule when it comes to Army utilities. These look like it would still maintain the same appearance, until you get closer and realize they're at the top.

Same for the Navy style. Three eyelets down.

Hawk200

Quote from: Capt Thompson on August 03, 2020, 02:22:50 PMNeither 39-1 or the AFI stipulate a minimum boot height, and these look fine to me, I doubt anyone would have an issue.

I must admit that I didn't look at the AFI (should have), but good to know.