Federal email regulations on .gov accounts

Started by Starbird, April 12, 2018, 02:02:36 PM

Spaceman3750

Quote from: OldGuy on May 04, 2018, 01:12:28 AM
Quote from: Eclipse on May 03, 2018, 04:11:43 PM
As to email, I would also hazard that the leadership uses their .gov email addresses with donors
in the common sense way it makes sense when speaking for the organization.
Except the regs make it clear - do NOT use .gov emails when doing fundraising. Commonsense suggests following the regs.

The document that you posted that makes it clear is not a reg, it is a guide. It should probably still be followed, but realistically the likelihood of that happening nation-wide in an organization where getting people to deal with even one email account is difficult is pretty slim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OldGuy

Quote from: Spaceman3750 on May 04, 2018, 01:16:41 AM
The document that you posted that makes it clear is not a reg, it is a guide. It should probably still be followed, but realistically the likelihood of that happening nation-wide in an organization where getting people to deal with even one email account is difficult is pretty slim.

CAPR 120-1 -

6.9. Advertising or fundraising on any .gov domain is not permitted.

Pssst - CAPR = REGULATION.

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

OldGuy

Eclipse

The first appearance of that phrase, is in 2011.

SA is your friend.

"That Others May Zoom"

Starbird

Quote from: NIN on May 03, 2018, 04:21:24 PM

Quote from: Starbird on April 12, 2018, 09:00:53 PM
(I just have this vision of a 12 year old cadet getting his .gov email and thinking it would be funny to send things to his friends impersonating the gov't or whatever, or just generally abusing it to troll people... because younger kids don't always think before doing stuff.)

Except for the fact that your wing doesn't issue cap.gov accounts to cadets.

As of when?  Half the cadets in my squadron (the more senior cadets) have them, so I had assumed that the new ones would be getting them, too?

Is this a recent policy change?