multipe attributed quotes within the same post

Started by RiverAux, October 26, 2009, 01:48:28 AM

RiverAux

How do you insert multiple quotes that automatically have the person's name on them within the same post.  I know you get one quote where that is automatically done, but don't know how to get more than one of them in a single post.

I've usually cut and pasted quotes from other posts which works fine, but doesn't say who I'm quoting. 

You think that I would have figured this out by now....

Eclipse

You have to copy the "quote" tag line and "/quote" around the text you want to multi-quote.

"That Others May Zoom"

Pingree1492

I'm going to assume you know how to use the "Quote" buttons.   ;D

To add your own name, say you want to quote a regulation, and you want that regulation name in your quote, like this:

Quote from: CAPR XX-XXblah, blah blah.

All you have to do is copy paste your first quote bracket to look like this:  (quote author=CAPR XX-XX), but substitute brackets instead of quotes.

Be sure to get the space in there, otherwise it doesn't work.  The end quote tag line: (/quote) is exactly the same.  You can do this for every quote your trying to post.
On CAP Hiatus- the U.S. Army is kindly letting me play with some of their really cool toys (helicopters) in far off, distant lands  :)

MIKE

Also use Insert Quote from the Topic Summary and edit out what you want from each post.
Mike Johnston

RiverAux

What do you know, I've never seen that "Insert Quote" button on the upper right side of the Topic Summary.  Guess I need to go to a Scanner refresher course.  Thanks guys. 

MIKE

Mike Johnston