Main Menu

Amber Emergency Lights

Started by commando1, February 05, 2011, 11:52:59 PM

cap235629

Quote from: Eclipse on February 07, 2011, 04:27:40 AM
Quote from: cap235629 on February 07, 2011, 04:21:25 AM
Quote from: Eclipse on February 07, 2011, 04:17:16 AM
We are also not talking about "tractors" or "golf carts", neither of which is likely to spend a lot of time on major highways, or be rolling
up to "assist someone in distress.

Once again showing your ignorance of anywhere outside of your little world.  Fact is in Arkansas, tractors routinely travel on highways and in fact have the right of way.  They also tow just as many "vehicles in distress" as wreckers do.

Give me a break "my little world"?

You're seriously going to try and spin this to mean that the fact that a tractor having a blinky light is the same as a POV?  Wait, I know, outside my "little world" everyone drives tractors as their POV.  How far are you going to stretch to try and prove you were
right despite the facts?

How big is your jurisdiction?  A county, a township, city?

I some parts of the state you will see tractors in Wal-Mart parking lots. I am no longer a law enforcement officer but when I resigned it was for a Sheriff's Office.  And in Arkansas the Sheriff is truly the "King" of the county.  Not that it matters but all courts are district courts and circuit courts that fall under the same rules. Mayors courts and municipal courts are a thing of the past.

So what was your point about jurisdiction? All Law Enforcement Officers receive the same training in Arkansas.
Bill Hobbs, Major, CAP
Arkansas Certified Emergency Manager
Tabhair 'om póg, is Éireannach mé

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

cap235629

Quote from: Eclipse on February 07, 2011, 04:36:46 AM
Quote from: cap235629 on February 07, 2011, 04:32:43 AMSo what was your point about jurisdiction? All Law Enforcement Officers receive the same training in Arkansas.

Because I am curious regarding the scope of your influence.  Size and scope of the jurisdiction generally shapes the attitude.
Officers in NY have different priorities from those in Fargo.

Now who is stereotyping?

And at one time I worked in a city of over 1/2 a million and in a town of 1500. So what is your point again?
Bill Hobbs, Major, CAP

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

cap235629

Quote from: Eclipse on February 07, 2011, 04:36:46 AM
Quote from: cap235629 on February 07, 2011, 04:32:43 AMI am no longer a law enforcement officer

I'm done..

I would much rather be a "has been" than a "never was".

Are you somehow disparaging my service because I changed careers?  The amount of BS I had to put up with as a cop far outweighed the rewards.  I met a lot of people who knew everything and I developed a strong dislike for them. It made me grumpy and I sought out a better way to live....

When was the last time you put your life in constant and direct  jeopardy out of a selfless sense of duty again?

Oh that's right, you never have......

Back to your regularly scheduled episode of the world according to Bob from Chicago.....
Bill Hobbs, Major, CAP

caphornbuckle

Quote from: commando1 on February 05, 2011, 11:52:59 PM
*Disclaimer...please read the entire topic before flaming me...thank you. I am going to be moving to a state that does allow Emergency Management Agencies to have amber warning lights on vehicles. I am not and will not debate the legality of doing so. I would like to know if any other captalk member had a good experience with any particular brand/type (hide-away/deck/lightbar etc). I have asked all my LEO buddies but they all use top of the line state-of-the-art equipment, i.e expensive and unnecessary.

Let's stop this nonsense and get back to the original topic:

I have a code 3 halogen rotator that I used to use on a regular basis at my work.  Years later and it still works like a charm!  Never had to replace the bulb (although I had to replace the dome when I dropped it once).  Magnetic mount and plugs into the cigarette lighter.  Pretty simple and can be placed on the roof when needed.  If you look around on-line, you can find them at very reasonable rates.
Lt Col Samuel L. Hornbuckle, CAP

Eclipse

Bill,

Knock it off.  No one is disparaging anything, you're the one who decided to tell me "how it is" with your statements
regarding things being different in your state, not me.

I can't help it the facts disagree.

"That Others May Zoom"

IceNine

Quote from: caphornbuckle on February 07, 2011, 05:03:46 AM
*Disclaimer...please read the entire topic before flaming me...thank you. I am going to be moving to a state that does allow Emergency Management Agencies to have amber warning lights on vehicles. I am not and will not debate the legality of doing so. I would like to know if any other captalk member had a good experience with any particular brand/type (hide-away/deck/lightbar etc). I have asked all my LEO buddies but they all use top of the line state-of-the-art equipment, i.e expensive and unnecessary.

I have a code 3 halogen rotator that I used to use on a regular basis at my work.  Years later and it still works like a charm!  Never had to replace the bulb (although I had to replace the dome when I dropped it once).  Magnetic mount and plugs into the cigarette lighter.  Pretty simple and can be placed on the roof when needed.  If you look around on-line, you can find them at very reasonable rates.

That's not "Cool" enough.  We've said use a mag mount a few times now.

"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

caphornbuckle

Quote from: IceNine on February 07, 2011, 05:05:31 AM
Quote from: caphornbuckle on February 07, 2011, 05:03:46 AM

That's not "Cool" enough.  We've said use a mag mount a few times now.

True enough...figured someone had to do something to stop the bickering and get back on topic.
Lt Col Samuel L. Hornbuckle, CAP

Pylon

Thanks to the devolvement of the thread into bickering, actually, the topic is already done.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP