Second Lieutenant bars

Started by Billy009, April 22, 2014, 05:09:33 PM

Eclipse

Quote from: SarDragon on May 14, 2014, 08:18:21 PM
Metal grade on BBDUs can turn into a comfort/safety issue when in the field. It can catch on pack straps, or get caught underneath and cause bruises and/or wounds.

Seriously - because of the placement, the frogs are right at your forehead.  I bent mine over and back into the cloth,
but I rarely wear the Castro hat, anyway.

"That Others May Zoom"

Майор Хаткевич

When I reengaged as a SM, I had about 1 year left on the clock for captain, so I figured I'd wear the metal grade....did that for a few meetings, said screw it, and put cloth on.

Luis R. Ramos

If you wear metal on the cap, and wear the cap the way it is supposed to, the metal may scratch your forehead even if you do not smack into a branch... It has happened to me...

In other words, safety issue!
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

The CyBorg is destroyed

All good and valid reasons as to why one should not wear the metal grade on the BBDU hat.

But does anyone know why the powers-that-be let us wear it there and nowhere else?

Quote from: SarDragon on May 14, 2014, 08:18:21 PM
Metal grade on BBDUs can turn into a comfort/safety issue when in the field. It can catch on pack straps, or get caught underneath and cause bruises and/or wounds.

Point taken (ouch!), but subdued metal grade (or, in the case of the Marines, non-subdued), with all its attendant hazards, has been worn on field uniforms for many years.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011