Main Menu

Im sorry

Started by Flying Pig, June 08, 2010, 04:07:40 AM

A.Member

Quote from: Custer on June 09, 2010, 02:57:46 PM
2. Pacific region has authorized Khaki pants for use with this uniform.  This is a far more widely available color, and you can get a perfectly acceptable pair of these at Wal-Mart for $9.88, and wear them with your civilian clothes as well.  If you are going to an activity outside the region you can probably afford to spend more than $32 for a uniform.
Regions have no authority to make such an authorization.  As such, that is a non-compliant uniform.

There is no need to waste time with yet another change - and to this "uniform" least of all.   Actually, I like the idea that it's kind of ugly - old person style.  Perhaps that will help keep it from becoming more popular.   

Here's an idea, you don't like the golf shirt combo, try wearing one of the umpteen other offerings, preferably an Air Force style uni.  It won't kill you.   Promise.
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

JC004

Quote from: A.Member on June 09, 2010, 07:18:39 PM
Actually, I like the idea that it's kind of ugly - old person style.  Perhaps that will help keep it from becoming more popular.   

You may have a point there.

Custer

I was only planning on using it during the time I'm doing level 1, after which its back to regular blues unless we have a unit BBQ or some such.

I think I may have found out how this got started.  Wanna bet they wear khaki pants with this? http://dldesignstore.com//index.php?main_page=popup_image&pID=6

JC004

Quote from: Custer on June 09, 2010, 08:48:13 PM
Quote from: JC004 on June 09, 2010, 07:30:42 PMActually, I like the idea that it's kind of ugly - old person style.  Perhaps that will help keep it from becoming more popular.

I was only planning on using it during the time I'm doing level 1, after which its back to regular blues unless we have a unit BBQ or some such.

I think I may have found out how this got started.  Wanna bet they wear khaki pants with this? http://dldesignstore.com//index.php?main_page=popup_image&pID=6

HEY!  You quoted me and I didn't say that.

Custer

Quote from: JC004 on June 09, 2010, 09:05:52 PMHEY!  You quoted me and I didn't say that.
Fixed.

I was trying to avoid an old Usenet problem of posting something that was 90% quote and 10% new material, and I dropped the tags in the wrong place.