Main Menu

CAPTalk not found

Started by jeders, September 27, 2011, 09:33:46 PM

jeders

So I guess there was a server move the other day, and ever since then I can't access CAPTalk on my computer. I can however access it just fine on my Blackberry. I've cleared the cookies on my browser and tried both Firefox and IE. Any ideas?
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

JeffDG

ipconfig /flushdns from the Command prompt might help.

whatevah

There was a weird problem with dns. I did a change yesterday that I think fixed it. My computer could access the site but my phone couldn't.
Jerry Horn
CAPTalk Co-Admin

cap235629

I had the same problem yesterday.  I could connect with my blackberry but not with a computer.
Bill Hobbs, Major, CAP
Arkansas Certified Emergency Manager
Tabhair 'om póg, is Éireannach mé

GTCommando

Same thing's happened to me several times. I leave CT, come back 15 minutes later and my browser can't find the site.  ??? Works fine now, though.
C/Maj, CAP                 
Alpha Flight Commander                     
Pathfinder Composite squadron
Earhart #15889

"For the partisan, when he is engaged in a dispute, cares nothing about the rights of the question, but is anxious only to convince his hearers." -- Socrates

jeders

I tried earlier this morning, and it didn't work. But it is working now. If you guys did something to fix it, thank you. If not, then I guess it's time to make another sacrifice to the internet gods.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

Phil Hirons, Jr.

DNS changes can take 12 to 36 hours to propagate across the web. During this time some servers will return the old IP address. It generally sorts itself out by hour 36 

jeders

Quote from: phirons on September 28, 2011, 02:51:29 PM
DNS changes can take 12 to 36 hours to propagate across the web. During this time some servers will return the old IP address. It generally sorts itself out by hour 36

That must've been it.

Eagle

CT was down for me for two days.
C/2dLt Thomas Bracker
Pell City Composite Squadron
Alpha Flight Commander