Main Menu

Encampment stories

Started by Kal, March 28, 2008, 12:24:31 AM

Kerrbie

haha well Im not really sure I think she was a former cadet and they really needed her to take on a staff position. I know now though she deffiently isn't a member any more.
C/2nd Lt Katheryn Kerr, CAP
Cadet Deputy Commander, Group 2
Carroll Composite Squadron, MD Wing, MER

NBB0058

oh dear, these are great :)
but i have a question for everyone here, have you EVER had a firedrill? AT ENCAMPMENT?
HAVE YOU VER BEEN A MEMEBER OF THE "ADVANCED TRAINING SQUADRON" THE SQUADRON THAT GOT REFIGERATORS AND FOOD AND LATE BED TIMES AND KNEW EXACTLY WHEN THE FIREDRILL WAS GOING TO BE????

Well in case you haven't, lets indulge... :)
so one night, about half way throught the encampment, (when we of ATS knew there was going to be a firedrill), a cadet 2nd LT (affectionatly referred to as BLT) was attending a refrigerator full of dr. pepper, cake, and whatver else had been confiscated from the vending machines while on guard duty, DUM DA DUM, the firedrill happened, all hell breaks loose, metal garbage cans being banged thrashed down the halls, people with bullhorns on the stairs, jsut a mad house, anyways, the entire regions worth of cadets are standing outside the "burning" building in formation, (all except for ATS flight, whom was huddled around a small trash fire conviently placed for use in this tale) when the head count began,(individual squadron commanders were responsible) as such we get dowwn to the numbers, and we realise we are 2 short, mumblings began throughout the ranks of the "highly trained" ATS, as we realised the first of the cadets missing was an injured cadet we realised was with the medic, no biggie, then we realised the second missing man was our dearly beloved garcia,straight from the great lake ocochobee, garcia stood aboout 6 feet tall  wheighing in at around 200 pounds, garcia was a big man, but a gentle man, with one problem, a small bladder control problem that is the punchline of this tale, you see, when garcia had to go, garcia HAD to go, but other than BLT and garcias roomate lopez, no one knew of this, so being the last 2 men to see garcia before the building was "engulfed in flames" we started proclaiming loudly that "oh my dear lord garcia is still taking a s***, that poor SOB is still taking a s***, oh whoa to garcia whos flame was extinguised while dropping a dueceoh lord have mercy upon our souls!"we of course had to proclaim this JUST loud enough for the multiple squadrons around us to over hear and they all began questioning the statements, but right when this tale seems to be at its end, a miracle of light shione through "the flames" as garcia comes bumbling out of the "engulfed" building, sprinting full tilt, trying to yank his BDU trousers up his legs, while tossing topilet paper into the receptacle outside the door screaming "im ok guys im ok! it was just montezumas revenge!" now for the more interesting part, the  "latrine" he was using was on the third floor, and these were no regular floors, these were fort benning floors, (i.e. one floor of fort benning equals 2.75 floors of anormal office building) and as such we realised gharcia had jetted down these 1800 stairs in under thirty seconds while still cleaning himself and attempting to re-attach his pants. the moral of the story? never eat the clam chowder, the moral of the moral, BLT enjoyed a box of twinkies with his comrades that evening  while some poor shmuks from bravo  flight cleansed the latrine from "garcias last stand" lol

Eclipse

Punctuation is acceptable here.

"That Others May Zoom"

NBB0058

Quote from: AndrewA74so we were in the head, and the Cadet Commander walks in, and someone shouts, "ROOM TEN-HUT!". The Cadet Commander looks down and says, "THIS IS A BATHROOM! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?" and stomps out.

ahh, i remember the latrine becoming silent except for the one bloke that couldnt decide if it was more important to come to attention or finish his business, so he climbed ontop of the toilet so his legs couldnt be seen LOL
i alsoremeber the time half of our flight was in the bathroom, "doing business" "number 2" and all of a sudden, we all realised we were singing the same jodie so we all started blaring out in unison "I WEAR MY PINK PAJAMAS IN THE SUMMER WHEN ITS HOT!" as trhe session drew to a close with a symphony of flushes, we exited the restroom, trying as hard as we could to not make eye contact and look as innocent as possible as we realised the cadet colonel was in the stall smack in the center of our musical, as he finished washing his hands and glaring at all of us standing at attention behind him, he turns around and goes " AND THE SECOND VERSE! I WEAR MY FLANNEL NIGHTY IN THE SUMMER WHEN ITS NOT!" and strides out of the restroom, knowing full well that not a single cadet in the restroom had dry panmts and realising as well, that there was no way we could ever hope to stand at attention in front of him on graduation day whithout crying :)

High Speed Low Drag

G. St. Pierre                             

"WIWAC, we marched 5 miles every meeting, uphill both ways!!"

SarDragon

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Rotorhead

Quote from: NBB0058 on April 09, 2010, 04:40:38 PM
but i have a question for everyone here, have you EVER had a firedrill? AT ENCAMPMENT?
Yes. Every year. And it is a surprise. I thought everyone did this.
Capt. Scott Orr, CAP
Deputy Commander/Cadets
Prescott Composite Sqdn. 206
Prescott, AZ

C/MSgt Lunsford

Quote from: Rotorhead on April 10, 2010, 11:16:45 PM
Everyone does do it that I am aware of.

Wright Brothers #13915

davidsinn

Quote from: C/SSgt Lunsford on April 11, 2010, 12:36:06 AM

I went to one last year that did not have one at the request of the host facility as there were sleeping trainees nearby.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

PHall

Quote from: davidsinn on April 11, 2010, 03:04:48 PMI went to one last year that did not have one at the request of the host facility as there were sleeping trainees nearby.

Did you at least do a "walk through" Fire Drill during the day so everybody knew where the exits were?

davidsinn

Quote from: PHall on April 11, 2010, 06:21:12 PM
Quote from: davidsinn on April 11, 2010, 03:04:48 PMI went to one last year that did not have one at the request of the host facility as there were sleeping trainees nearby.

Did you at least do a "walk through" Fire Drill during the day so everybody knew where the exits were?
Yes we did.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

NBB0058

guys, it was sarcasm, no offense, if you read the rest of the story, you should have realized that

Dracosbane

I believe that was the point, young padowan.

V. Basile

I think my favorite Encampment story was when we were preparing for our white glove and we were cleaning the showers. Well being short/small and all, they needed to clean the walls of the shower. Well being in a female flight, they needed the smallest person to hoist up there to clean the showers. Well, I think the rest is self-explainable :P
VICTORIA F. BASILE, C/TSGT, CAP
Peninsula Composite Squadron
PCR-WA-051

JayT

Quote from: V. Basile on April 13, 2010, 10:42:46 PM
I think my favorite Encampment story was when we were preparing for our white glove and we were cleaning the showers. Well being short/small and all, they needed to clean the walls of the shower. Well being in a female flight, they needed the smallest person to hoist up there to clean the showers. Well, I think the rest is self-explainable :P

What, dare I ask, is a 'white glove?'
"Eagerness and thrill seeking in others' misery is psychologically corrosive, and is also rampant in EMS. It's a natural danger of the job. It will be something to keep under control, something to fight against."

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

PHall

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

a2capt

... the inspector drags the preverbal white glove over the surface and if it stays clean, you pass. ;-)
[/size]

C/MSgt Lunsford

Quote from: NBB0058 on April 12, 2010, 02:15:47 AM

guys, it was sarcasm, no offense, if you read the rest of the story, you should have realized that

Sorry... I am not prone to Sarcasm.

Wright Brothers #13915