Main Menu

2013 SUI Blank Form

Started by West MI-CAP-Ret, February 15, 2013, 07:35:11 PM

West MI-CAP-Ret

Playing Catch-up

I've gone through SUIs before, but only from a local squadron level.  Also, my portion (tab) was provided for me.  Now, I'm a member of a group, in which out of seven members, only 2 are not assigned to squadrons, so there are only 2 files to be concerned with.

If I could find and download a copy of the latest blank SUI form, I could begin to work on my tab.  Ive been appointed as a personnel officer, without the experience (no problem, I'll learn quickly).

So, if anyone can help me with this, I'd be grateful.

Warmly, Dave 8)
MAJ DAVID J. D'ARCY, CAP (Ret) 8 Apr 2018 (1974-1982, 1988-2018)
A former member of:
West Michigan Group MI-703,
Hudsonville Cadet Sqdron MI-135 (name changed to Park Township, Al Johnson Cadet Sqdrn)
Lakeshore Cadet Sqdrn MI-119
Van Dyke Cadet Sqdrn, MI-117
Phoenix Cadet Sqdrn MI-GLR-MI-065 (inactive)
Novi Sixgate Cadet Sqdrn (inactive), MI-068
Inkster Cherry Hill Cadet Sqdrn MI-GLR-MI-283 (inactive)

Eeyore

Just remember that the SUI Guide is only published every other year or so. Inspectors will inspect to the regulation, not the guide.

Eclipse

Quote from: Eeyore on February 15, 2013, 08:33:35 PM
Just remember that the SUI Guide is only published every other year or so. Inspectors will inspect to the regulation, not the guide.

That's amusing.

"That Others May Zoom"

LGM30GMCC

If only that were true...

I had to argue with the wing IG once because they were making statements directly contradicted by the regulations. Also trying to give write-ups based on paragraphs/citations that no longer existed.

Unfortunately not all SMEs are created equal.

EMT-83

I've been through several SUIs and one CI where I referenced updated regulations in my narrative, and never had a problem.

I've also learned not to lose sleep over inspections.

LGM30GMCC

I'm from a culture where inspections are 'kinda a big deal'. Even beyond the likes of which most of the USAF is used to. We are used to having 2-3 inspections per year. It used to be we had as many as 13 inspections and SAVs over a 2 year period.

Walkman

West MI-CAP-Ret

I need to come up with a SUI Mission Statement for the Personnel Section of our SUI.  Since I'm brand new to CAP personnel, can someone either send me a good mission statement or send me a link for a good mission statement for the Personnel Section?

This is an example of what I'm looking for (it is a Logistics Mission Statement):

Mission Statement 
It is the mission of the Logistics section to account for and manage all property that has been assigned to the group by CAP NHQ, the respective Region Commander, the Michigan Wing, or through state supplied/donated and/or group purchased equipment.  This property shall include any and all expendable and non-expendable property assigned to the Supply section, all ground vehicles assigned to the Transportation section and for the management of assigning aircraft to their group.  At the group level, this includes management of assigned assets includes but is not limited to, tracking of said equipment as directed by CAP NHQ, working with subordinate units to insure proper management and utilization of equipment as assigned to the respective subordinate units, and managing all safety aspects of ground vehicles assigned to the wing.
MAJ DAVID J. D'ARCY, CAP (Ret) 8 Apr 2018 (1974-1982, 1988-2018)
A former member of:
West Michigan Group MI-703,
Hudsonville Cadet Sqdron MI-135 (name changed to Park Township, Al Johnson Cadet Sqdrn)
Lakeshore Cadet Sqdrn MI-119
Van Dyke Cadet Sqdrn, MI-117
Phoenix Cadet Sqdrn MI-GLR-MI-065 (inactive)
Novi Sixgate Cadet Sqdrn (inactive), MI-068
Inkster Cherry Hill Cadet Sqdrn MI-GLR-MI-283 (inactive)

EMT-83

Private Investigator

As a former IG I would rather see a decent Continuity Book for your assignment.

http://www.cawg.cap.gov/html/pa/bucb.pdf

Good luck, FYI those IG folks do not bite   ;)

Eclipse

Quote from: EMT-83 on March 03, 2013, 12:06:29 AM
Why?

+1  Totally unnecessary, and no one is ever going to ask.

SUIs are not a mission of CAP, they are intended to be a snapshot of operations.  We'd all be better off if they were treated that way.

Frankly, if you have to "prepare" for an SUI, that means you are not doing your job right.

"That Others May Zoom"