Unethical behavior on the rise, or does it only seem that way?

Started by Walkman, October 05, 2007, 02:21:58 AM

Psicorp

Quote from: Eclipse on October 05, 2007, 05:04:54 AM
Quote from: flyguy06 on October 05, 2007, 04:51:14 AM
Oh. I forgot one other thing . How many people drank underage? yet tell tell youths not to drink.

That has nothing to do with ethics - that is learning from your mistakes.

Denying children good advice simply because you made the same mistakes would immoral.  If anything
your experience lends credibility.

Even so, explaining how it feels to pay homage to the porcelain god and what a hang over feels like never quite has the same effect as a parent seeing a teen in the midst of such unpleasantness and saying, "so, learn anything new today?"   

Jamie Kahler, Capt., CAP
(C/Lt Col, ret.)
CC
GLR-MI-257

floridacyclist

Which in itself is not a bad lesson to learn. Unfortunately, it is impossible to guarantee that nobody will get hurt or killed before the lesson is not only learned, but internalized and acted upon.

As far as slavery, we can't judge our ancestors morality unless we use their moral standards, not ours. Years from now, we may be judged as immoral because we wasted all the oil and polluted the atmosphere.
Gene Floyd, Capt CAP
Wearer of many hats, master of none (but senior-rated in two)
www.tallahasseecap.org
www.rideforfatherhood.org

davedove

Quote from: floridacyclist on October 05, 2007, 04:47:05 PM
Years from now, we may be judged as immoral because we wasted all the oil atmosphere.

Hey, I'm being patriotic.  By burning up the oil I am helping to remove any influence the totalitarian oil producing nations have on the world economy.  Once their oil is gone, they don't have any bargaining chips. ;D
David W. Dove, Maj, CAP
Deputy Commander for Seniors
Personnel/PD/Asst. Testing Officer
Ground Team Leader
Frederick Composite Squadron
MER-MD-003

Skyray

I think it is on the rise.  We have had several decades of horrible examples from our leadership, who are mostly teleological thinkers (The end justifies the means)  How many of you have set up a post with a propsition that you know to be false, or at least were unsure of the truth and accuracy of it?  That is a sin against integrity.  Be man enough to say what you want to without starting with "I tried to send this by PM, but he has messages from me blocked so I have no choice but to post it here."  Be proud enough of your opinions that you don't have to make excuses for them.  I may disagree, but I will have greater respect for your integrity.
Doug Johnson - Miami

Always Active-Sometimes a Member