Main Menu

ABUs

Started by MadGrak, September 15, 2011, 05:14:12 AM

NIN

Quote from: Panache on November 15, 2013, 11:56:00 AM
http://www.flyingcross.com/Duro-Poplin-Mens-Short-Sleeve-Shirt.aspx

http://www.flyingcross.com/Command-Mens-Side-Pocket-Pants-2-in-Belt-Loops-Pocket-Flaps.aspx

I have a Flying Cross brand shirt (Distinguished, I think, the line is) that is an exact duplicate of the USAF blues shirt (mitred pocket corners, etc) but white. Then, I got a new blues shirt. Whoops, its a Flying Cross as well! :)

They make good stuff.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

NIN

BTW, this thread just made a *gigantic* turn into the absurd with all this khaki.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Panache

Quote from: NIN on November 15, 2013, 03:31:02 PM
BTW, this thread just made a *gigantic* turn into the absurd with all this khaki.

It wouldn't be a uniform thread otherwise, would it?

Майор Хаткевич

jeders

Quote from: usafaux2004 on November 15, 2013, 04:48:08 PM
Quote from: jeders on November 15, 2013, 03:07:15 PM
Quote from: usafaux2004 on November 15, 2013, 02:37:19 PM
Blazer != Service Coat.

Works well enough for me.

Works != Same. Duh.

You're right, they aren't the same. They are, however, equivalent.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

Eclipse

Quote from: jeders on November 15, 2013, 07:16:14 PM

Not even a little.

39-1 can say whatever it wants, photos tell a different tale.

"That Others May Zoom"

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: jeders on November 15, 2013, 07:16:14 PM
Quote from: usafaux2004 on November 15, 2013, 04:48:08 PM
Quote from: jeders on November 15, 2013, 03:07:15 PM
Quote from: usafaux2004 on November 15, 2013, 02:37:19 PM
Blazer != Service Coat.

Works well enough for me.

Works != Same. Duh.

Sure are. Doesn't put them on the same level no matter what though. In fact, even if I never again get back in the H/W Standards, I'll never wear the getup. If that's what an event would require, then I guess I wouldn't be going. Not wasting my money on an ugly blazer and pocket slide.

SarDragon

Nuthin' sez you gotta wear the funky slide. I pin my crest directly onto the pocket.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

ol'fido

The pin on crest is the most expensive part of my blazer which I got at Goodwill.
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

NIN

Quote from: ol'fido on November 16, 2013, 01:04:12 PM
The pin on crest is the most expensive part of my blazer which I got at Goodwill.

You sir, posted the most #winning thing in this thread. (My goodwill blazer outgrew me. As did two of my suits which are headed that way today)

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP

ol'fido

Quote from: NIN on November 16, 2013, 01:07:51 PM
Quote from: ol'fido on November 16, 2013, 01:04:12 PM

You sir, posted the most #winning thing in this thread. (My goodwill blazer outgrew me. As did two of my suits which are headed that way today)
;)
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

The CyBorg is destroyed

Facts are facts.

There is no way that the "aviator" uniform is going to have any changes to it, for several reasons:

1. Too many people like it because it's cheap and non-standardised.  There are very, very few hard-and-fast standards on how it must be worn.

2. CAP higher-ups are scared of the colour blue, except for the so-dark-it's-almost-black for the blazer.

3. Too many people feel "it ain't broke don't fix it."

4. Too many people like the (fiction) that one does not have to observe C&C's in this order of dress.

5. I would say a plurality (not a majority) of CAP Senior Members do not want to look military.

6. Too many people simply dislike change, in whatever form.

So, it's nice to dream about khaki/silvertans, etc., but the hard facts remain the hard facts.

We had our chance at a nice, good-looking uniform (CSU) that was popular with a large segment of the membership, and CAP, in it's infinite wisdom, smacked our collective patties and said "no, you cannot have that, if you cannot wear the AF uniform, you vill wear ze grey/white/blazer und you vill like it, because you have no alternative."

At one time I had a complete uniform proposal to supplement/supplant the G/W kit ready to send up the chain.

I scrapped it, as it would be a useless waste of energy.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Brad

Quote from: CyBorg on November 17, 2013, 06:27:04 AM
At one time I had a complete uniform proposal to supplement/supplant the G/W kit ready to send up the chain.

Still have it filed away somewhere for simple post-mortem analysis? I'd be curious to read over it just because.
Brad Lee
Maj, CAP
Assistant Deputy Chief of Staff, Communications
Mid-Atlantic Region
K4RMN

PHall

We had our chance at a nice, good-looking uniform (CSU) that was popular with a large segment of the membership, and CAP, in it's infinite wisdom, smacked our collective patties and said "no, you cannot have that, if you cannot wear the AF uniform, you vill wear ze grey/white/blazer und you vill like it, because you have no alternative."

Still riding that horse?   You need to move on man before it makes you bitter about everything.

abdsp51

Facts are facts.

There is no way that the "aviator" uniform is going to have any changes to it, for several reasons:

1. Too many people like it because it's cheap and non-standardised.  There are very, very few hard-and-fast standards on how it must be worn.

2. CAP higher-ups are scared of the colour blue, except for the so-dark-it's-almost-black for the blazer.

3. Too many people feel "it ain't broke don't fix it."

4. Too many people like the (fiction) that one does not have to observe C&C's in this order of dress.

5. I would say a plurality (not a majority) of CAP Senior Members do not want to look military.

6. Too many people simply dislike change, in whatever form.

So, it's nice to dream about khaki/silvertans, etc., but the hard facts remain the hard facts.

Facts or your opinion?

CAPglider792

I honestly am of the opinion that we look like a bunch of Somali Pirates in these woodland BDUs we now wear, but that is just me.

abdsp51

Quote from: CAPglider792 on November 17, 2013, 05:36:48 PM
I honestly am of the opinion that we look like a bunch of Somali Pirates in these woodland BDUs we now wherewear, but that is just me.

FTFY

CAPglider792

My mistake, a truly terrible typo it was too.

SarDragon

Quote from: CAPglider792 on November 17, 2013, 06:53:17 PM
My mistake, a truly terrible typo it was too.

C'mon, 'fess up - you used the wrong word. No real typo there.  ;)
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

AirForceBlue117

Question: If the DoD has a problem with us having digitalized patterns, why does JROTC have them? They don't do any activities that require them to wear the ABU, ACU, MARPAT, and NWU outside of Raider/PF Competitions, and it would be more appropriate for us to have them (ABU) because of our close connection to the USAF, despite what anyone says. - Nick
Cadet Second Lieutenant (Group 7, Florida Wing)
Color Guard Team Commander
Squadron Safety Officer: SER-FL-464
Army JROTC Cadet (Cadet Lieutenant Colonel)