Air traffic controllers

Started by ZombieButter, January 05, 2014, 06:37:24 PM

ZombieButter

Are there any ATCs (military preferred) here? I'm going to teach a lesson to the cadets in the future about that career field and would like to interview a few of you via PM.

Thanks!

unmlobo

I will ask some of the ATC guys at work tomorrow if you would like.  What sort of info were you looking for so I can give them a brief a idea? 

Cheers
Major, CAP
HI WG

ZombieButter

I mainly want to know what they had to do to get where they are. As well as their day-to-day life as an ATC.

Thanks again!

Fubar

Maybe to a Skype interview during the meeting?

Brad

Not a real-life controller but I am a rated En-Route (Center) C1 Controller with VATSIM, which covers all lower positions (Delivery, Ground, Tower, Approach / Departure) so I can try to answer some questions, and I can reach out to some real-world controllers too if you want.
Brad Lee
Maj, CAP
Assistant Deputy Chief of Staff, Communications
Mid-Atlantic Region
K4RMN

ol'fido

One of my squadron commanders is a former ATC. He is no longer in the field however and he is not a member of Captalk. I can give you his info if that will help.
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

JeffDG

Quote from: ol'fido on January 06, 2014, 04:14:28 AM
One of my squadron commanders is a former ATC. He is no longer in the field however and he is not a member of Captalk. I can give you his info if that will help.
One of the guys in my group is former ATC too...he now flies for a living, and he's a hoot to fly with!  He's trained most of the controllers in the immediate area and always gives them a hard time on the radio.

sardak

Attached is a current job announcement for an air traffic controller at Buckley AFB. It has a list of duties, qualifications and the pay, so it can answer some questions about this career field.

Mike

Private Investigator

In the job bulletin I found it interesting that they mentioned CAP.