AFJROTC O-Rides, anyone flying them?

Started by Eclipse, September 18, 2013, 04:09:11 PM

Eclipse

The topic came up briefly in the 200-hour thread.

Anyone flying much / any AFJROTC rides?  We flew nearly 200 hours several years ago, but haven't' seen any since the budget started getting tight.

"That Others May Zoom"

Майор Хаткевич

Those were JROTC? I thought the flights were for College ROTC to show them what flying is all about?

Eclipse

J. One ride per cadet, Flight No. 1 or Flight No. 2 from the syllabus.

There's allowance for AFROTC cadets as well, but we were not flying them in our wing, or at least not at a meaningful level.

There was a lot of excitement regarding the AFAHS unit and all the JROTC rides we were going to have the opportunity to
fly and then the money dried up.

Program details: http://www.capmembers.com/media/cms/AFROTC_MOA__5_Oct_2007_9DA96C3F33711.pdf

"That Others May Zoom"

sparks

I think the money for those flights was pulled early in the FY

Eclipse

Heh - I guess I could RTFM the wing-level flight hours that was just published...

A6 = AFROTC, zero hours reports in FY13

A8 = AFJROTC
Only 20 wings flew any
Only 126 total hours flown.

Contrast that with over 2700 hours of A6 in 2006 with nearly all wings participating.

"That Others May Zoom"

SunDog

We were flying USAF college ROTC students quite a bit a couple of years ago - then it went away.  The ROTC contingent was/is quite large at local U. . .not sure what happend to the program - I just assumed the $$$ were stopped.

Huey Driver

This is the first FY in a while with no budget for AFROTC/AFJROTC flights in NJWG.
With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right...

Al Sayre

We've done it before, but no funding this year...
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787