Main Menu

Puerto Rico CAP

Started by jfkspotting, May 08, 2017, 12:18:53 AM

jfkspotting

What is it like in Puerto Rico CAP?

Being from NY Wing, one can only imagine the different missions, climate, and activities. How many Squadrons? Aircraft?

Anyone from P.R. CAP?

waukwiz

Brother, it worries me how often you ask about how many A/C are in a particular location...
Cadet Cullen Mayes
Waukesha Composite Squadron
"Ok, how about instead of doing that, let's not do that. Ok?"
GTM1 • MO • MRO • MSA • ♦UDF

zippity

I thought I was the only one whose spider sense was tingling...

Toad1168

And, the Instagram account that he has on his profile links to JFK International airport.......
Toad

Angus

Quote from: waukwiz on June 10, 2017, 05:51:07 AM
Brother, it worries me how often you ask about how many A/C are in a particular location...

Looking at the member's instagram account they enjoy taking multiple pictures of aircraft.  It reminds me of a something a former cadet did used to do that we had many many moons ago in my squadron. 
Maj. Richard J. Walsh, Jr.
Director Education & Training MAWG 
 Gill Robb Wilson #4030

Eclipse

I don't see anything wrong here other then some questions left better to non-public answers.

Planespotters, like trainspotters, are inexplicable, but generally innocuous.

"That Others May Zoom"

Luis R. Ramos

So, ya do not see someone that infiltrated CAP trying to gather secret information to paralyze CAP? Bwa-haha-HAHAHA!  :clap:

The evilness of this person is so evil, that he can qualify as a genius>:D

Sorry got carried away after reading three Young Adult books: Library of Souls, third book of the Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children in which peculiar children battle peculiar adults who want to take their peculiar souls, United at Last, the last book of the I Am Number Four, Lorien Legacies series in which teenagers with special powers battle aliens, and a graphic novel of the second book of the Miss Peregrine's Home series.

I see conspiracy schemes everywhere, and will for the next two or three days...
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

Shieldel

What boggles me is why the OP is so interested in...for the lack of a better way of putting this "senior matters"

The OP is clearly a cadet. I don't see why a cadet would be so interested in statistics and such for anything but personal curiousity and even then - the stuff he asks about makes my OPSEC hairs turn up (as in OPSEC concerns). Our aircraft hangars while the locations they are at are public, we don't necessarily want the whole world knowing where IN said location they're at (IE yes the Las Vegas Valley in NVWG, my home, has maybe 4-6 aircraft in the area, I'm not saying where those aircraft are, which airports)

I was an energetic cadet myself, heck I only put in my papers to SM last July before going to FEMA Corps for a deployment to Louisiana (and then Hurricane Matthew..THAT was crazy, and a dream come true, to be on a Type 1 Disaster! I digress..) I too was curious about stats and such but I sometimes had an operational need to know that stuff as I was one of the few NVWG Cadets who was active as heck in ES, I needed those stats to compile reports for operations so if this aircraft was down we'd call up this one instead, Continuity of Ops plans (COOPS as FEMA calls them), that and a spreadsheet of where the wing's aircraft were at within any given time frame (the idea was abandoned), later where all home stations were at.

There's a very obvious difference between "need to know"/operational needs and personal curiosity.

I feel I've strayed from the initial topic but had to throw my $.02 in here since I've seen the OP going around the boards a lot lately.

Edited for minor grammar fixes
Formerly 2d Lt Michael D. Scheidle
Formerly Jack Schofield Cadet Squadron
Member of PCR-NV070, 069, 802 throughout my CAP Career
Former CAP Member 2011-2018

SarDragon

I think I can guess as to part of that.

I used to be curious like that, asking off the wall questions about any number of things. There was no hidden agenda, or malicious intent. I just had a lust for knowledge. Sometimes I retained it, to be used later in life. Other times it went into the mental bit bucket. Back then encyclopedias were, and today Wikipedia is, a favored pastime. Both are rabbit holes of the finest kind.

In recent times, I have managed that curiosity, a little.

YMMV.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

jfkspotting

Quote from: Angus on June 12, 2017, 03:59:06 PM
Quote from: waukwiz on June 10, 2017, 05:51:07 AM

Looking at the member's instagram account they enjoy taking multiple pictures of aircraft.  It reminds me of a something a former cadet did used to do that we had many many moons ago in my squadron.

i appreciate the fact that you don't jump to conspiracy.

jfkspotting

Quote from: SarDragon on June 12, 2017, 09:40:42 PM
I think I can guess as to part of that.

I used to be curious like that, asking off the wall questions about any number of things. There was no hidden agenda, or malicious intent. I just had a lust for knowledge. Sometimes I retained it, to be used later in life. Other times it went into the mental bit bucket. Back then encyclopedias were, and today Wikipedia is, a favored pastime. Both are rabbit holes of the finest kind.

In recent times, I have managed that curiosity, a little.

YMMV.

I just find it interesting, to be honest. I am 16 years old, an aviation enthusiast. If we only had 172's, it would be one thing. But we have a large mix, with many different variants, such as the 265HP 182's and 182RG's. Especially because Puerto-rico isn't the most touched-upon wing.

PhoenixRisen

If you're a member, the information is certainly there, you just need to know where to look.   ;)