Main Menu

Civil Air Patrol future

Started by Smithsonia, January 19, 2009, 04:05:15 PM

Smithsonia

There is always a discussion about CAPs future. Disaster relief and things covered in this article
http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_11485820
mean we will have missions into the future.

We should train. There is work coming. Larger missions will be mounted for downed aircraft without SarSat help. Additionally, border issues, Counter Drug, FEMA, and Homeland Security will be under increased pressure. How we respond is the issue.

As has been the case since 1941 our response should always be: America: we are here to serve. What can we do for you now?  We are volunteer pilots, planes, and knowledge and we are here to help!
With regards;
ED OBRIEN

tarheel gumby

Well now all we have to do is figure out a way to get our name out there with out all of the polotics. That dose seem to mess up a lot of good ideas lately
Joseph Myers Maj. CAP
Squadron Historian MER NC 019
Historian MER NC 001
Historian MER 001

cap235629

did I miss something?  This article is abut the crime problem in Mexico...where is all the stuff you mentioned?????? ??? ??? ???
Bill Hobbs, Major, CAP
Arkansas Certified Emergency Manager
Tabhair 'om póg, is Éireannach mé

Smithsonia

Trouble in Mexico means more trouble on the border. So far, this trouble is relatively under reported. Tijuana has had several kidnappings of American tourists, shoot outs with out gunned Texas Sheriffs, and more. Instability south of the border will mean more trouble at the border.

I'll make a prediction that while this is a low visibility item at the moment... it will not remain so. My point in bringing it up is not to discuss illegal aliens, immigration, transient laborers or enter into that old argument. But to advise of a coming issues. This will get bad. This is a thing we can help with. So that was the reason for posting this article. I think we'll be busy provided we train and prepare for the needs of the country.
With regards;
ED OBRIEN