Main Menu

Latest VG website.

Started by RogueLeader, September 23, 2007, 05:47:56 AM

RogueLeader

Just happened to look around VG's web site, and man have they cleaned it up really nice.  It was all organized, and easy.  Wow, there were a few " no image available", but all of the images that were there- were very clear.  Now, if I knew their customer service was on par, then they might get me back. . .
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

JohnKachenmeister

How do they not "Get you back" since they have an exclusive contract to sell CAP stuff?
Another former CAP officer

BillB

VG is the only provider for items with the CAP logo or command shield. Any uniforms or insignia that do not the logo can be produced and sold by any company. The Hock buys a supply of items with the logo directly from VG and resells it along with uniforms, or other insignia without the logo and also produces their own insignia name tapes etc. Items with the logo seem to be produced by companies outside the United States since they don't fear the C&D letter. Ribbons for example can be produced and sold by any company since they do not include the copyrighted logo.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

RogueLeader

Quote from: JohnKachenmeister on September 23, 2007, 11:37:09 AM
How do they not "Get you back" since they have an exclusive contract to sell CAP stuff?

Ummm. . .  <redacted>. . . .to protect Tom. . . .
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Eclipse

Tom doesn't need our protection.

He keeps getting stuff made in the Pac-Rim with poor detail quality and incorrect colors.

Members keep buying stuff from him.

NHQ keeps sending him C&D's.

He keeps using them in his birdcage.

Its actually quite an elegant system, really.   ;D

"That Others May Zoom"

jb512

Quote from: Eclipse on September 24, 2007, 03:01:48 AM
Tom doesn't need our protection.

He keeps getting stuff made in the Pac-Rim with poor detail quality and incorrect colors.

Members keep buying stuff from him.

NHQ keeps sending him C&D's.

He keeps using them in his birdcage.

Its actually quite an elegant system, really.   ;D

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed that.  I tried buying embroidered items from him twice, and got the low quality versions both times.  It's like blue toilet paper with some white stitches on it... and set your iron on "slightly warmer than room temperature" if you try and press the creases prior to sewing it on.

flyguy06

Cecil DP

I was just on the VG website and tried an experiment. I put a belt in my basket from the Army side Shipping was 4.60. by USPS express mail.
On the CAP side a web belt's shipping was 7.50.

That's the kind of customer service that keep's me coming back.
Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85

Cecil DP

Quote from: flyguy06 on September 24, 2007, 03:13:45 AM
What is VG

Vanguard Industries: the "official: supplier of CAP insignia and supplies.
Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85

pixelwonk

ha! get this...

My order placed for some uniform items (including one flag w/velcro backing from the non-CAP area) had FREE shipping!
I couldn't change the shipping method if I wanted to.
They charged my card right away too, instead of charging me a few days later like my orders from July and April of this year.

I've been on a roll with Vanguard for the past two orders with no BOHICA-type moments.
We'll see what this order brings.

Capt M. Sherrod

I found out that if you spend more than $200 (not hard to do with uniforms) that you get free shipping.  Now if they would send it within a reasonable amount of time, that would be great.
Michael Sherrod, Capt, CAP
Professional Development Officer
Hanscom Composite Squadron, NER-MA-043