Forms, How to and What to use

Started by CadetProgramGuy, September 15, 2007, 09:44:15 PM

CadetProgramGuy

Thinking through my own personal flow of paperwork I saw there was no topic on how to, and what forms to fill out for their specific purpose.

So hence I thought of CAPTalk.

For instance:

Upgrading specialty tracks....What form do I use?

RiverAux

Are you talking about a form to propose updating a specialty track?  No such thing.  Official memo would be the way to go.

CadetProgramGuy

Quote from: RiverAux on September 15, 2007, 10:15:37 PM
Are you talking about a form to propose updating a specialty track?  No such thing.  Official memo would be the way to go.

Not exactly.....I am upgrading from CP Technician to CP Senior ratings.

What form do i fill out?

See...this is the reason for this topic.  There has to be someone else out there just as confused.

Viper QA

You can use a CAPF 2 (Request for Promotion Action). Fill in the speciality track info in section II of the form, have your CC sign it, & e-mail it to NHQ (lmmeforms@cap.gov). They will update the database to reflect the new rating of the member.

It is very easy to do & usually done the same day you send it in. That is how I have been doing it for years. It is easier than a memo & contains all the info member services would need. I just tell them that it is an update to a member's speciality track when I send the e-mail with the CAPF 2 attached.

Hope this helps!
J.J. Jones
NY-135

CadetProgramGuy

Eclipse

Specialty tracks are now done online in eServices in the Membership area of Commander's Corner.

They are effective immediately upon the commander clicking the box.

"That Others May Zoom"

CadetProgramGuy

So how do I go about requesting it then?  Do I still use the CAPF 2A?

CadetProgramGuy

Oh and when I get Lavel 3 done, is it the same CAPF 2A to get that filed?

Cecil DP

For completion of a Training level use CAPF 24a which is routed through your Wing HQ and then on to National for the Loening Award. See CAPM 50-17.
For the specialty track as noted above use e-services and have your commander approve it electronically. Than for the Leadership award that comes with the updated training  use a CAPF 2a, Request for Personnel Actions,  not the  CAPF 2 Promotion Request
Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85

Grumpy

That stuff can be done on line then back it up with a 2a.  Fill in section II for status change (Technician to Senior).

Just like filling out a 1098 in the AF (3 level to 5 level, 5 level to 7 level).  Of course it's been twenty years since I retired so the form may have changed.

Grumpy

Sorry, forgot about the Form 24, oops!

Eclipse

Can someone post a click-through? I have CC's rights so my screens are different than the rank and file.

Correct on the Form 24, which is still done manually, up though Wing into NHQ.

"That Others May Zoom"

floridacyclist

Not sure about a click-through, but if you sign in to E-services, look for a link on the right side that says "Senior Member Specialty Track". Click on that, select the victi er member and have your fun with their professional development record.
Gene Floyd, Capt CAP
Wearer of many hats, master of none (but senior-rated in two)
www.tallahasseecap.org
www.rideforfatherhood.org

Eclipse

Quote from: floridacyclist on September 16, 2007, 02:15:29 AM
Not sure about a click-through, but if you sign in to E-services, look for a link on the right side that says "Senior Member Specialty Track". Click on that, select the victi er member and have your fun with their professional development record.

That's in commander's corner, I'm talking about for a member to go in and request the rating, which then generates an email to their CC for the approval.

"That Others May Zoom"

SarDragon

Commander's Corner is a subset of Restricted Applications. If you can't see it in your RH menu, get your WSA to add the permission. As Group CC, you may or may not have it as a default permission.

The rating must be requested by the Personnel Officer, PD Officer, or someone with permission for that app.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

floridacyclist

No it is not in Commander's Corner. I have it as a Personnel Officer; actually Asst PO while I train my replacement.
Gene Floyd, Capt CAP
www.tallahasseecap.org

Camas

Quote from: SarDragon on September 16, 2007, 02:56:20 AM
Commander's Corner is a subset of Restricted Applications. If you can't see it in your RH menu, get your WSA to add the permission. As Group CC, you may or may not have it as a default permission. The rating must be requested by the Personnel Officer, PD Officer, or someone with permission for that application.

"Commanders Corner" and "Senior Member Specialty Track" are restricted applications that cannot be assigned by a web security administrator.  These are assigned automatically only by duty assignments.  Administration, professional development and personnel officers along with commanders will automatically get the "Senior Member Specialty Track" permission.

floridacyclist

They can be assigned by a WSA if requested by competent authority, but are usually automatically assigned by duty assignment. I've sat with the wing IT guy while he made sure I had all the permissions I needed since I lost many of them in a Group dissollution.
Gene Floyd, Capt CAP
www.tallahasseecap.org

Pylon

Quote from: Eclipse on September 16, 2007, 02:21:56 AM
That's in commander's corner, I'm talking about for a member to go in and request the rating, which then generates an email to their CC for the approval.

There's no e-services function for a member to "request" the boost in rating.  Generally, I've simply typed up a memo including documentation that I completed all the stated requirements for the rating, and passed it on to the CC to review and update my rating in E-services as necessary.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Eclipse

Quote from: Pylon on September 16, 2007, 07:26:28 PM
Quote from: Eclipse on September 16, 2007, 02:21:56 AM

There's no e-services function for a member to "request" the boost in rating.  Generally, I've simply typed up a memo including documentation that I completed all the stated requirements for the rating, and passed it on to the CC to review and update my rating in E-services as necessary.

OK, I finally went and actually looked, and you are correct.  I have had CC's rights for about 7 of my 8 years (for various reasons) and I always have issues when people ask me how to do "x", because I can generally do  most tasks and my click-throughs never look the same as rank and file members.

You must be a Professional Development Officer, Administrative Officer, Personnel Officer, Vice Commander or Commander to access to this application. As one of the above you will see all the members below your echelon.

So one of the above, or someone with the equivalent rights granted by the WSA, selects the member, rating, level and effective date and submits it to unit CC for approval.

That then generates the email to the CC and it is his discretion for approval.

CC's cannot self-approve, so in the example of a unit CC, his requests go to the next echelon CC.

"That Others May Zoom"

SarDragon

Quote from: Camas on September 16, 2007, 01:39:21 PM
Quote from: SarDragon on September 16, 2007, 02:56:20 AM
Commander's Corner is a subset of Restricted Applications. If you can't see it in your RH menu, get your WSA to add the permission. As Group CC, you may or may not have it as a default permission. The rating must be requested by the Personnel Officer, PD Officer, or someone with permission for that application.

"Commanders Corner" and "Senior Member Specialty Track" are restricted applications that cannot be assigned by a web security administrator.  These are assigned automatically only by duty assignments.  Administration, professional development and personnel officers along with commanders will automatically get the "Senior Member Specialty Track" permission.

I sit corrected. I'm my unit WSA, and just looked at what I can assign. "Senior Member Specialty Track" is not one of them. I'm the Admin Officer, so I can use that app.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret