Main Menu

Coast Guard Aux

Started by 0, August 24, 2007, 06:24:51 PM

How often do your flotillas meet?  Is it just once a month?

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

afgeo4

I don't have any experience with boats or on boats and there's no air unit anywhere close... how good is the CGAux training program? Do they assume you know nothing? How receptive are Flotilla COs to people like that that want to become members?

My background in CAP is mostly cadet programs and some, mostly planning of ES and recruiting.
GEORGE LURYE

MIKE

Quote from: NERMA002 Safety on August 30, 2007, 02:11:32 PM
How often do your flotillas meet?  Is it just once a month?

Mine is once a month.  Some others have the monthly business meeting and then additional meetings for member training.  There are also divison (think group in CAP) and district (regionish) actvities throughout the year.

Quote from: afgeo4 on August 30, 2007, 02:29:19 PM
I don't have any experience with boats or on boats and there's no air unit anywhere close... how good is the CGAux training program? Do they assume you know nothing? How receptive are Flotilla COs to people like that that want to become members?

It depends... If your flotilla basically leaves you to fend for yourself with no mentor, it can be daunting.  For me personally I know very little about boats... I own a kayak.  I'm finding it difficult to get started in one of the program areas... I do mostly admin at the flotilla.  As far as recruitment, that depends also.
Mike Johnston

RiverAux

I think once a month is fairly standard for CG Aux. 

MajorSER

Ours is in SW Florida.  One week is our Staff Meeting. The next week is our Regular Flotilla Meeting. The Saturday following that is our Fellowship Breakfast. Then spread out through the Month are training classes.
Lt. Col. David Crockwell MLO
FC 07-09-08
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
Я был там как солдатом