Main Menu

Florida Reunion

Started by BillB, August 05, 2007, 07:20:29 PM

BillB

There will be a Reunion next January of former (or current) Florida Wing cadets and seniors involved in the cadet program from 1942-1990. Plus a few "newbe's" The rReunion will be held in Orlando, FL in conjunction with the Florida Wing Conference. While it will take place at the same hotel and same time at the Wing Conference, (allowing the lower CAP hotel rate) the Reunion will have a different schedule of activities. If interested send an email to:  CAPreunion@aol.com
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

Stonewall

Hmmmm.... may be interesting.  Assuming I'm not playing in the sand.  Will have to keep an eye on this.
Serving since 1987.

AlphaSigOU

Hmmm... if the dates are doable I might be able to swing it.
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

Al Sayre

Have to check the schedule when it get's a little closer, also have 30th HS reunion around the same time frame...
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

JAFO78

In Orlando, Wow I will be there just to hear all the stories about CAP !!!!!!!!
JAFO

Skyray

You should slide it a little later in the year so that TP's suspension will be over and all the admiring cadets that were given achievement answers so he could look good will be able to thank him in person.
Doug Johnson - Miami

Always Active-Sometimes a Member

Old SAR Pilot

May well be a good excuse to go back to Florida and see if anyone I know/knew is still around.
1LT (Ret) Bob Lippincott
Cadet/Sr member Tallahassee (FL) Composite Sqdn 08432 1963 - 1995.

BillB

The Reunion of former Florida Wing cadets and seniors from the 50's through 1990 (plus or minus) involved in cadet Programs is on. It's scheduled for 1-3 February in Orlando, in conjunction with the Florida Wing Conference. The hotel, The  Grosvenor Resort at Disney is giving CAP a rate of $69 a night plus taxes (normal rate is $129.) the same rate applies to the "Alumni". Will furnish links when available. To date 30 people have shown interest in attending
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

Skyray

If I have lost my status as pariah, I will be there with bells on.  I also took the liberty of forwarding this to Lynn Puglise and a couple of other fifty year former cadet members who are out of the loop at present.
Doug Johnson - Miami

JohnKachenmeister

I'll be there.  I was a Yankee when I was a cadet, but I got better.
Another former CAP officer

Stonewall

My 2008 work schedule hasn't come out yet.  If I'm off, I'll come.  If I'm working, I may take leave to come.

FLWG '87 to '91 and '06 to present.
Serving since 1987.

JC004

Quote from: JohnKachenmeister on August 23, 2007, 12:25:34 AM
I'll be there.  I was a Yankee when I was a cadet, but I got better.

hey!   :o

AlphaSigOU

If you wanna see what the hotel has to offer, here's their website: http://www.grosvenorresort.com/
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

Skyray

I got some email feedback today that indicated that I was going to be there.  There was a conditional on my statement that I intended to attend:

QuoteIf I have lost my status as pariah, I will be there with bells on.

Even if the evil Sith leader has passed, which is not totally guaranteed at this juncture, the Sith Empire may still be the dominant force in Florida Galaxy.  That condition would probably foreclose my attendance.
Doug Johnson - Miami

Skyray

I have received back channel confirmation that Jim and Lynn Puglise intend to attend.  They were both cadets somewhere up Nawth before the millenium.  They are now retired from Florida Wing.
Doug Johnson - Miami

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: Skyray on August 28, 2007, 04:33:38 PM
I have received back channel confirmation that Jim and Lynn Puglise intend to attend.  They were both cadets somewhere up Nawth before the millenium.  They are now retired from Florida Wing.

I remember them well back when I was a cadink in FLWG.
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

Bugsmasher

Hmmm.  May have to try go get there myself.

Wayne Roshaven, Lt Col, CAP
Commander, Group 2 GAWG
Wayne S. Roshaven, Lt Col, CAP
Commander, Group 2 GAWG

Skyray

Quote from: Bugsmasher on August 30, 2007, 08:15:30 PM
Hmmm.  May have to try go get there myself.

Wayne Roshaven, Lt Col, CAP
Commander, Group 2 GAWG

Now there is a name to conjure with!!  Still living on the mountain with the two antenna passive repeater, Wayne?  For your information I understand that there are two Puglises coming.
Doug Johnson - Miami

Bugsmasher

Yeah, still up here in God's country, Doug.  I don't miss Florida, or FLWG politics, but I miss all the folks we used to go out and play with.  It'll be great to see some of y'all again.
Wayne S. Roshaven, Lt Col, CAP
Commander, Group 2 GAWG