Main Menu

Maj Gen Pineda

Started by sdcadet, January 08, 2007, 12:22:23 AM

sdcadet

I've heard that Maj Gen Pineda is in some sort of trouble recently in regards to his "professional development." What is it that is going on? Apperently, this is not the first time either that he's been in trouble.

MIKE

Mike Johnston

DNall

and no further discussion required.

Mrs. Lisa Hayden

Please forgive me DNall, but I have something to add to this topic.

My husband was begged to come back to Professional Development (PD) at the Wing level. Although he did not want the assignment, the Commander needed someone to get the Wing through the upcoming Staff Assisted Visit (SAV) and when Ray received an Excellent, he was requested to be the Chief of Staff at Florida Wing.  He turned down that assignment because of the upcoming Professional Development Weekend (PDW) that needed his immediate attention to be a success.

I am the first to say that Ray is not a "people person", but the truly unkind comments of Marty Bishop, who neither of us know are ignorant at the least.  Marty did you know that one week out the actual Directors (the ones who were receiving credit for being Directors) of the PDW had less than 25% of the instructors that they needed and when they were asked, they told people, "That's Ray's job." ? I did not like the tone of Ray's emails either and told him so, but he was desperate to ensure that all slots were filled before the 100 or so students showed up.

Also, during the same week my husband was working on a legal case involving a five year old child who drowned in front of a dozen adults during a class trip.  Literally, Ray slept no more than 2 hours per night the week before the PDW.  My fear was that due to severe sleep deprivation, he would not be able to safely drive to and from Boca Raton each day.

The night before the last day of the PDW, Ray was up until 4 in the morning printing out certificates for each and every attendee, so that they would have formal proof of their attendance. There was no need to additionally supply them with their own copy of the CAPF-11. Note: It was a Captain who was demanding this document of a Lt. Col.

Also, as noted on Cap Blog, Ray's Step-Dad of thirty years died on September 16th and Ray's Mom was ill in the hospital.  She died November 27th.  Ray was not a son who "phoned it in" and rarely saw his wonderful Mom and Step-Dad.  They lived three miles from us and Ray was their support system.

As far as the Tony issue is concerned, after all my husband had done for him over the years Tony leaves him out to hang. I am not saying that my husband taking that course is honest or honorable because it is neither and I hope that all of the cadets who see this know that this type of behavior will almost surely come back to bite them in the end, but Tony owed Ray something besides a knife in the back and if all of the hell that my family has been going through for the past ten weeks has any meaning at all then the Civil Air Patrol will be a better organization for it.

Although we will never again be a part of CAP, we wish this very necessary and valued organization nothing but the best.

Sincerely,
Lisa D. Hayden

DNall

Mrs Hayden, I'd advise you to seek legal council & cease speaking to the issue in public.

Complaints are supposed to be made in private to the appropriate authorities, and you can proceed up the propper chain outside CAP as well to get a fair investigation, but the second you allow this information to go public you've dramatically damaged your case. Every time you allow your name or further details to be raised after that causes further damage.

In this particular incident your husband has admitted to what may very well be 2-3 federal crimes, and stated that he did so at the behest of another. If he's telling the truth then you have legal issues, if he's not then you have legal issues. Again, drop it in public & speak with an unbiased attorney.

Big picture... I don't care about your pride or the retarded politics of the idiots who think they run CAP. I care that Congress is pissed they had to step in to fix scandal ridden CAP in 2000, and nothing has improved. If they step in again before we're ready it may well be to shut us down for good. Some digruntled idiots out there think that's a good idea, but they're also compelled by immature pride & not thinking about the other 50,000 members that don't care who you are or what your problem is. They're also no tthinking about the good of CAP or the AF.

If these accusations are true then I'm pissed about it, but if you & everyone else won't be quiet about it then there won't be a fair investigation, there'll be one trying to contain a problem before it gets further out of hand, and that doesn't always result in honest answers.

Please, listen to me very clearly... you're done with CAP now. This situation is out of your hands & can't be put back in the bottle. Now take a vacation at least from everything CAP & let it work itself out. If you don't do this, it's just goig to be worse for you in the end, and the rest of us too. You'll get your justice, I assure you.

Now please for the love of God.... no further comment required. This isn't a bunch of old women at the beauty shop here.

Eclipse

Quote from: DNall on January 08, 2007, 02:31:40 PMThis isn't a bunch of old women at the beauty shop here.

Yes, actually, it is...

"That Others May Zoom"

JohnKachenmeister

Mike:

Please lock this.

Thanks.
Another former CAP officer

Pylon

I'm locking this not because of the line of discussion, but because this discussion already has a thread elsewhere.  The original intent of this thread was for the original poster to be shown how to use the search button; that's been done.  Other discussion on the topic ought to be in the appropriate discussion thread.

Thanks!
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP