Rocky Mountain Region Goals

Started by RiverAux, December 31, 2006, 08:50:09 PM

RiverAux

Okay, I've always been of the opinion that CAP doesn't really do enough planning or goal setting.  This doesn't mean we need 200 page plans sitting on the shelf, but it is nice to have some guidance on where we're supposed to be going.

The Colorado Wing web site has a link to a presentation on Rocky Mountain Region goals to be achieved by 1 Oct 2009.  Here they are:

Increase total membership by 50% to 4500

Establish 3 School Programs in Each Wing

Increase Powered Aircraft Fleet by 50% to 60 Aircraft

Raise $100k in third-party funding for each Wing and RMR HQ

100% of all Active Members in RMR are GES Qualified and Hold One Specialty Qualification

Each Wing Will Train and Utilize One Mission Qualified Aircrew (MP, MO, MS) comprised totally of Cadets over the age of 18

These aren't bad though they don't outline exactly how these will be achieved.  The 50% increase in membership is totally unrealistic.  I

also would be interested to see how they plan on a 50% increase in aircraft.  Buy them?  Send spec ops teams into the the Midwestern Region to steal their planes?  More use of member owned planes?

The cadet aircrew idea is interesting but I don't see the point.  With all the other issues we have to deal with in CAP this seems like a very minor item to focus on.  Might make a good PA story, but thats about it.

The 100% mission qualification rate is also unrealistic.  As has been noted here a lot, there are quite a few people not interested in the ES angle, and some that we may not really want involved in ES due to their age (too young or too old).   

mikeylikey

What's up monkeys?

RiverAux

Thats a good question.  I assume they have some sort of budget for corporate flights for inspections, etc. but I have a hard time believing they need that much. 

arajca

A common complaint is that we never see the region staff in the region. They may want to be able to fund staffers actually visiting wings.

RiverAux

Frankly, I've never really understood the need for Regions given the large amount of power invested in each Wing.  However, as part of the "one CAP" idea, I wouldn't be surprised if there is some interest in making the Regions more of an operational unit than they ever have been in the past. 

Psicorp

If ya'll keep having winters like this, I'd say that aircraft usage and crew training will definately go up. 

http://www.comcast.net/news/index.jsp?cat=GENERAL&fn=/2006/12/31/552332.html&cvqh=itn_pilots

Good job, Colorado Wing!

Jamie Kahler, Capt., CAP
(C/Lt Col, ret.)
CC
GLR-MI-257