Main Menu

CAP Business Cards

Started by afgeo4, May 02, 2006, 05:38:17 AM

afgeo4

Does anyone know where one could get business cards for CAP?  I'd like to order something professional looking, not self-made.

Any referrals would be appreciated.

Thanks!
GEORGE LURYE

Becks

You can get stuff done at Staples or office depot, kinkos may also do it, just bring in a custom logo like the CAP seal.

BBATW

SarDragon

Quote from: Becks on May 02, 2006, 05:58:39 AM
You can get stuff done at Staples or office depot, kinkos may also do it, just bring in a custom logo like the CAP seal.
Check an old Bookstore/CAP Mart catalog for the recommended format. They used to be available there. Don't know about Vanguard.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Bluelakes 13

If you have the ability, I just print my own.  There are several Word templates out there.  I like a Florida one I picked up.  (attached)

[attachment deleted by admin- older than one year]

Eclipse

Ours is based on the CAP-USAF card, its used by several units in Group 22, and Group 22 HQ.

Beyond spending money unnecessarily, I can't see any reason to bother paying a service house for them.  The Avery clean break business cards are great, and except for not having raised print, look as good or better than a professional card.

Remember, to get anything other than 1 color is going to be expensive. Its also nice to be able to do short runs for staffers with limited needs for cards, or as info changes.  Nothing is more unprofessional than a business card with a lined-out number or email address.

You can also get free cards from Vistaprint:
http://www.vistaprint.com/  but the free ones are limited in the designs and have their name on the back, neither of which was acceptable to us.

"That Others May Zoom"

BillB

Florida Wing has a business card download.  You might check it out

http://flwg.us/html/downloads.html
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

Eclipse

The issue I have with those is that I believe the scaling of the seal-to-wings is wrong.
I have seen this insignia used in other places as well.

If I am correct, that is a logo that is featured on one of the CAP NHQ Technoloigy sites. The seal looks too big and the colors are not correct.

Beyond that, since there is no standard, its all asthetic.

"That Others May Zoom"

SarDragon

Quote from: Eclipse on May 02, 2006, 08:02:34 PM
The issue I have with those is that I believe the scaling of the seal-to-wings is wrong.
I have seen this insignia used in other places as well.

If I am correct, that is a logo that is featured on one of the CAP NHQ Technoloigy sites. The seal looks too big and the colors are not correct.

Beyond that, since there is no standard, its all asthetic.

Here are the rules for combining the wings with other emblems.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

MIKE

Mike Johnston

Eclipse

Exactly - and if you look at the ratio you will see how much small the shield should be.

I just can't find the "official" one right now, but it should look more like this:

I >have< seen a good one on the af.mil site, just can't find it.

EDIT:  The above .pdf shows a ratio like this one.

"That Others May Zoom"