Main Menu

New unit & website

Started by arajca, April 10, 2005, 07:11:34 PM

arajca

As some of you may know, I am working to establish a squadron in Summit County, Colorado (where I live). After jumping though many hoops, I am finally able to start advertising the effort. To assist with that, I have designed and put up a web site,www.greatdividecap.org. I would like some input on it, as I am somewhat biased toward the design. ;D

A couple of caveats -
1) This website is also my final project for a Dreamweaver class I am taking. Many of the elements (frames, flash buttons, layers, etc.) are required to pass the class.
2) At this time, only the front, information, and info. request pages are working. The others will go up as I get them finished.
3) This is the first website I have actually desinged from scratch.

pixelwonk

That command patch in the background graphic looks familiar.
Whoever created that must be rediculously good looking.  ;)

whatevah

http://www.greatdividecap.org/photos/cadets.jpg

that was actually taken by my wing CP guy.  I think NHQ got it from our website a couple years ago.  hehe   although, I did send it on a CD to our region, they might have given it to NHQ.

It's amazing how pictures circulate the web.  I had a squadron in Virginia or something hotlink all the images from my wing website one time.  I noticed it in the logs and told him to just put the images on his server, since he had already copied all of my text, too. ;)
Jerry Horn
CAPTalk Co-Admin

arajca

Quote from: tedda on April 10, 2005, 09:58:31 PM
That command patch in the background graphic looks familiar.
Whoever created that must be rediculously good looking.  ;)
Credits will be coming in the links page.

But didn't use the right hand button - you know, the one the says "Spell Check" ;D

arajca

Quote from: whatevah on April 10, 2005, 10:10:56 PM
http://www.greatdividecap.org/photos/cadets.jpg

that was actually taken by my wing CP guy.  I think NHQ got it from our website a couple years ago.  hehe   although, I did send it on a CD to our region, they might have given it to NHQ.

It's amazing how pictures circulate the web.  I had a squadron in Virginia or something hotlink all the images from my wing website one time.  I noticed it in the logs and told him to just put the images on his server, since he had already copied all of my text, too. ;)
I pulled it off the National Site.

whatevah

I know, you're allowed to. :)
Jerry Horn
CAPTalk Co-Admin

arajca

Update:
The "Links" link now works. The Links page is up.

arajca

The "Members" link now works.

Major_Chuck

On the disclosure on the bottom of your homepage you might want to reference CAPR 110-1 at the end.  I don't know if it is required but it made our Region IT guru happy when I put it at the bottom of our region Safety Website.

Looks like you're headed in the right direction.

-Chuck
Chuck Cranford
SGT, TNCO VA OCS
Virginia Army National Guard