Main Menu

It's finally here!

Started by Storm Chaser, December 31, 2013, 06:25:47 PM

arajca

The black is fleece is commercially available. A navy blue version is not.

On a different note, I sent in the following comment:

Para 10.7.20 authorizes the CPR patch, however, Attachment 4 specifies the ARC CPR Instructor patch and does not mention the CPR patch.

Para 13.2.2 does not specify any feedback to the submitter. Suggest requiring commanders to update the submitter and lower chain of the status of the change submission. While this is a good idea, I know from experience this seldom happens and as the submitter, attempting follow up is difficult at best.

Also require action in a timely manner, i.e. approve/reject within 30 days of receipt of the submission by each level of command up to the NUC chair. This would demonstrate to the submitter that their idea is at least being considered and not being left until everyone forgets about it.

Brad

Brad Lee
Maj, CAP
Assistant Deputy Chief of Staff, Communications
Mid-Atlantic Region
K4RMN

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: THRAWN on January 02, 2014, 05:12:16 PM
5.   Weigh-ins. This section should be deleted and changed to read "Documentation of compliance with established weight requirements will be provided upon request of the unit commander. Weigh-ins will be conducted by the member's physician or healthcare provider." This entire section opens up the possibility of targeting of members by commanders and using the scale as a weapon. It also will alienate many highly qualified and respected members who may perceive the weigh-ins as insulting to them personally. Members will leave over this as it is written.

Using the scale as a weapon? Only for those who are already breaking the rules - knowingly.

Майор Хаткевич

N Harmon

Quote5.1.2.3.6 Aviation (CAP, USAF or other service Aeronautical, Space, Cyberspace) and Occupational Badges (CAP and USAF). Two Aviation or Occupational badges embroidered in silver on light blue may be worn sewn to the shirt ½ inch above the "Civil Air Patrol tape over the left breast pocket. The second badge will be centered ½ inch above the first badge. Chaplain and CAP aviation badges are mandatory and will always be worn in the highest position[...]Occupational badges (excluding chaplain) are optional.

(emphasis mine)

So if you've been awarded an aviation badge and a ground team badge then you are required to wear the aviation badge on the BDUs, but the ground team badge is optional? That seems odd to me. Similar wording in the section about BBDUs as well.

Also, it appears that you will be allowed to wear Ground Team and EMT badges simultaneously, assuming you've not been awarded an aviation or chaplain badge.

EDIT: Similar wording for service dress uniforms as well.
NATHAN A. HARMON, Capt, CAP
Monroe Composite Squadron

Brad

Quote from: N Harmon on January 02, 2014, 06:12:36 PM
Quote5.1.2.3.6 Aviation (CAP, USAF or other service Aeronautical, Space, Cyberspace) and Occupational Badges (CAP and USAF). Two Aviation or Occupational badges embroidered in silver on light blue may be worn sewn to the shirt ½ inch above the "Civil Air Patrol tape over the left breast pocket. The second badge will be centered ½ inch above the first badge. Chaplain and CAP aviation badges are mandatory and will always be worn in the highest position[...]Occupational badges (excluding chaplain) are optional.

(emphasis mine)

So if you've been awarded an aviation badge and a ground team badge then you are required to wear the aviation badge on the BDUs, but the ground team badge is optional? That seems odd to me. Similar wording in the section about BBDUs as well.

Also, it appears that you will be allowed to wear Ground Team and EMT badges simultaneously, assuming you've not been awarded an aviation or chaplain badge.

Well considering that we are the Air Force Auxiliary, which is a primarily aviation-based service, the emphasis on aviation badges is understandable.
Brad Lee
Maj, CAP
Assistant Deputy Chief of Staff, Communications
Mid-Atlantic Region
K4RMN

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Brad on January 02, 2014, 06:33:16 PM

(emphasis mine)

Well considering that we are the Air Force Auxiliary, which is a primarily aviation-based service, the emphasis on aviation badges is understandable.

We have a lot more "ground pounders" than pilots.

tsrup

Quote from: arajca on January 02, 2014, 04:59:18 PM
Regarding t-shirts worn with bdus and field uniforms:
Many activities and encampments issue black t-shirts with a large logo on the back. Will these still be authorized? By reading the manual, it appears not. Or this up to the wing commander?

Large logos on the shirt backs were never authorized to begin with, it was just something that was done anyways.
Paramedic
hang-around.

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: tsrup on January 02, 2014, 06:39:00 PM
Quote from: arajca on January 02, 2014, 04:59:18 PM
Regarding t-shirts worn with bdus and field uniforms:
Many activities and encampments issue black t-shirts with a large logo on the back. Will these still be authorized? By reading the manual, it appears not. Or this up to the wing commander?

Large logos on the shirt backs were never authorized to begin with, it was just something that was done anyways.

+1. They can do anything they want...just not a shirt meant to be worn with B/BDUs.

LSThiker

QuoteChaplain and CAP aviation badges are mandatory and will always be worn in the highest position[...]Occupational badges (excluding chaplain) are optional.

(emphasis mine)

Considering this is the rule in the USAF, it is not surprising for us. 

lordmonar

Quote from: usafaux2004 on January 02, 2014, 06:37:56 PM
Quote from: Brad on January 02, 2014, 06:33:16 PM

(emphasis mine)

We have a lot more "ground pounders" than pilots.
So does the USAF.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

The CyBorg is destroyed

A few things I am still unclear on.

6.2.5.  If the beret is only intended for wear by BB participants, it needs to say so in all instances mentioning the beret, or else we have another loophole.  I know that some Wings have authorised berets in certain circumstances.  I believe a CT person said some time ago that INWG authorises it for Ground Teams with the flight cap device.

6.2.6 and 6.2.7.  This is my own ignorance coming into play.  What is the difference between the "blue winter cap" and "black watch cap?"  I know what a black watch cap is (think Radar O'Reilly, except in black) as I have had one for several years that I wear in winter with civvies (and occasionally with BBDU's) and like very much, but the image of a blue winter cap is evading me, especially since it is authorised to be worn with Mess Dress.

6.2.11.  What a "CAP baseball cap" is really needs to be clarified, as I have already listed some examples where this is wide-open for individual interpretation.

I do like the clarifications about tattoos and body piercings!  I have neither, but occasionally it has been an issue, mostly with cadets.  Personally, I think my body has enough holes in it without adding more...but whatever turns your prop.

6.3.1.6.  I'm afraid we could be leaving ourselves open to "religious hairstyles" problems; i.e., a Hasidic Jewish member.  Is he restricted from wearing the USAF uniform?

6.4.6.  Are we going to have undergarment checks now?! :o

8.2.3.2.  Why are we still restricted to horrible-looking plastic encased grade on the green flight bag?  Dark blue (as on CFDU) would look much better.

10.4.3.  I'm not a medic, but I know several Physician Assistants, and my personal opinion is they should be authorised the Medical Badge.  I'd say so for Nurse Practitioners too, but they have the Nurse's Badge to wear.  PA's don't have anything to wear, and they do a very hard job.

11.1.1.2 and 11.1.1.3.  It's still silly to not authorise CAP ribbons/badges on the blazer.  However, do I notice that more than one miniature medal can now be worn on the blazer?

Exiled from GLR-MI-011

arajca

Will comments submitted online be viewable by the vast unwashed masses general membership?

lordmonar

6.2.5.  The beret is NOT only intended for BB participants.  It is still one of the items a wing commander can authorise under 9.4

6.2.6 and 6.2.7.  The blue winter cap is the Elmer Fudd Cap.

6.3.1.6.....nope we are not.....we are letting NHQ deal with it and they are going to follow USAF rules......so if they say no...then no he can't wear the USAF style uniform.

PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Papabird

That is my reading as well.  :)
Michael Willis, Lt. Col CAP
Georgia Wing

Storm Chaser

Quote from: arajca on January 02, 2014, 05:38:13 PM

Papabird

Quote from: arajca on January 02, 2014, 07:10:58 PM
Will comments submitted online be viewable by the vast unwashed masses general membership?
While I doubt it, it would be a good idea.  Otherwise they will get tons of duplicates, but they still may anyway.  :)
Michael Willis, Lt. Col CAP
Georgia Wing

C/Cool

Does anyone have any idea of when this will actually be implemented? I know it has taken a long time to put together and this is CAP so it won't be anytime soon.

Thanks.
I'm sorry, did the middle of my sentence interrupt the beginning of yours?

arajca

Quote from: CyBorg on January 02, 2014, 07:08:15 PM
A few things I am still unclear on.

6.2.5.  If the beret is only intended for wear by BB participants, it needs to say so in all instances mentioning the beret, or else we have another loophole.  I know that some Wings have authorised berets in certain circumstances.  I believe a CT person said some time ago that INWG authorises it for Ground Teams with the flight cap device.
While NBB participants are the most common wearers, it is not restricted to nor only intended for them. I believe, I could be wrong, the idea of having the beret authorized would be to distinguish specific groups that are considered special by the wing commander.

Quote6.2.6 and 6.2.7.  This is my own ignorance coming into play.  What is the difference between the "blue winter cap" and "black watch cap?"  I know what a black watch cap is (think Radar O'Reilly, except in black) as I have had one for several years that I wear in winter with civvies (and occasionally with BBDU's) and like very much, but the image of a blue winter cap is evading me, especially since it is authorised to be worn with Mess Dress.
The blue winter hat is basically a bomber hat in blue. Like this.

Quote6.2.11.  What a "CAP baseball cap" is really needs to be clarified, as I have already listed some examples where this is wide-open for individual interpretation.
You're not the only one.

Quote6.3.1.6.  I'm afraid we could be leaving ourselves open to "religious hairstyles" problems; i.e., a Hasidic Jewish member.  Is he restricted from wearing the USAF uniform?
Hair styles are not covered under this section. Since the grooming standards are taken from the AF, what does the AF say about it?

Quote8.2.3.2.  Why are we still restricted to horrible-looking plastic encased grade on the green flight bag?  Dark blue (as on CFDU) would look much better.
Vanguard can still get them. There was a discussion at an NB meeting a couple years ago when Vanguard reported they were having trouble finding a decent supplier, however, at the last minute, Vanguard reportedly found a good supplier and the issue was dropped. Probably one of the few times we actually point to Vanguard being a direct cause of us using a particular uniform item.

Quote10.4.3.  I'm not a medic, but I know several Physician Assistants, and my personal opinion is they should be authorised the Medical Badge.  I'd say so for Nurse Practitioners too, but they have the Nurse's Badge to wear.  PA's don't have anything to wear, and they do a very hard job.
this would need to be addressed through the National Medical Officer and the Health Service regs, not the uniform regs.

Quote11.1.1.2 and 11.1.1.3.  It's still silly to not authorise CAP ribbons/badges on the blazer.  However, do I notice that more than one miniature medal can now be worn on the blazer?
You are incorrect - 4.2.1.4 covers the wear of miniature medals on the corporate semi-formal uniform. It states only one shall be worn. The pluralization of the term in 11.1.1.3 a grammatical issue, not a authorization.

arajca

Quote from: Storm Chaser on January 02, 2014, 07:23:43 PM

Quote from: arajca on January 02, 2014, 05:38:13 PM

The picture appears to be blue, but the item description says it's black. Description