Main Menu

Snowfall on Captalk?

Started by RogueLeader, December 13, 2012, 02:54:57 PM

a2capt

Quote from: Extremepredjudice on December 20, 2012, 01:05:22 AMSnow on a website determines whether or not it feels like the holidays for you...?
Ya know.. It's not just "snow" on a web site. It's not "more than that" either, I'm not going to get all spiritual or that. But..

Maybe in a few years.. you'll figure it out.  :)

Extremepredjudice

Quote from: a2capt on December 20, 2012, 03:29:41 AM
Quote from: Extremepredjudice on December 20, 2012, 01:05:22 AMSnow on a website determines whether or not it feels like the holidays for you...?
Ya know.. It's not just "snow" on a web site. It's not "more than that" either, I'm not going to get all spiritual or that. But..

In a few years I'll paint myself green and be the Grinch.

Christmas sucks, because you hear about non-stop all year long, plus you can't go and do anything in December because of the dumb crowds.

Screw Christmas. It started as a pagan holiday, and isn't even the birth date of Christ.
I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

a2capt

spaatzmom

Quote from: Extremepredjudice on December 20, 2012, 04:27:48 AM

Christmas sucks, because you hear about non-stop all year long, plus you can't go and do anything in December because of the dumb crowds.

Screw Christmas. It started as a pagan holiday, and isn't even the birth date of Christ.

Wow!!!!  Having a bad day??????    Well it is no reason to spoil  it for others.   If you want to be a party pooper, please find a small corner and have at it but only with yourself.  I like the holidays and you will not impose your limited viewpoint on me.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all  ....... including you extremepredjudice.  By the way your screen name says so much about you.

Extremepredjudice

Quote from: spaatzmom on December 20, 2012, 05:14:10 AM

Wow!!!!  Having a bad day??????    Well it is no reason to spoil  it for others.   If you want to be a party pooper, please find a small corner and have at it but only with yourself.  I like the holidays and you will not impose your limited viewpoint on me.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all  ....... including you extremepredjudice.  By the way your screen name says so much about you.
I'm not having a bad day.

I hate Christmas.

I chose the screen name for a reason. I wasn't like "Yolo, lemme come up wit a username that totally doesn't encapsulate me."

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor

spaatzmom

Quote from: Extremepredjudice on December 20, 2012, 05:32:33 AM
Quote from: spaatzmom on December 20, 2012, 05:14:10 AM

I'm not having a bad day.

I hate Christmas.

I chose the screen name for a reason. I wasn't like "Yolo, lemme come up wit a username that totally doesn't encapsulate me."

Ya we got what you are about.  Hopefully, as you age and ostensibly mature, you will not go out of your way to offend others just to make you feel better.  Something happened to make you so hateful and bitter.  Go find some counseling of some kind to help you deal with whatever has happened.  You are still quite young in the grand scheme of things and to think that if you are this bitter now how bad will it be when you are in your 70's.  I feel sorry for your unhappiness. 

We have all endured hardships in our lives.  It is how we deal with them that defines us.  If you continue to post like this and act like this in the CAP community, I don't see it being very productive for you.

Extremepredjudice

I'm not hateful and bitter. Just sarcastic and cynical, with a touch of metaphysical nihilism for good measure.

I don't need counseling:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=RjluRCKL8R4#t=13s

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor

spaatzmom

Quote from: Extremepredjudice on December 20, 2012, 05:55:45 AM
I'm not hateful and bitter. Just sarcastic and cynical, with a touch of metaphysical nihilism for good measure.

I don't need counseling:

Denial is the refuge of a shallow mind.  Those are not positive characteristics for forward progression of a successful life.  When you absolutely state you hate something and do so with such vitriol, it is beyond sarcasm or cynicism.  You are too young to have such a viewpoint without having some life altering event as a base. 

Extremepredjudice

So words on a screen is how you are basing your assumption I am some screwed up kid that had something traumatic happen to me? Not to go all ad hominem on you, but where did you study psychology?

I'm not allowed to form opinions about stuff? I can't decide I hate something? I'm almost 18. I hate a lot of things, pears, nazis, KKK, pedobears, zombies, people who leave caps off of dry erase markers, air fresheners, (the smell of them) bad web design, etc. Doesn't mean all of them are these traumatic experiences that have scarred me for life. It is something I have arrived at a decision at. I can decide if I hate something or not.

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor

spaatzmom

Quote from: Extremepredjudice on December 20, 2012, 06:20:34 AM
So words on a screen is how you are basing your assumption I am some screwed up kid that had something traumatic happen to me? Not to go all ad hominem on you, but where did you study psychology?

I'm not allowed to form opinions about stuff? I can't decide I hate something? I'm almost 18. I hate a lot of things, pears, nazis, KKK, pedobears, zombies, people who leave caps off of dry erase markers, air fresheners, (the smell of them) bad web design, etc. Doesn't mean all of them are these traumatic experiences that have scarred me for life. It is something I have arrived at a decision at. I can decide if I hate something or not.

Your posts yield insight into the person.  The vast grapevine of CAP gives more insight.  My years of life experiences allow me to form more reasonable deductions about many things.  I have taken psychology courses in my nursing studies and 36+year career.  In my responses to you. I have tried to be patient and open your very closed mind.  All you have done is throw tantrums, be rude and disrespectful. 

Luis R. Ramos

a2

Nice video of Christmas cards...

Flyer
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

Pylon

Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Eclipse

Quote from: Extremepredjudice on December 20, 2012, 06:20:34 AM
So words on a screen is how you are basing your assumption I am some screwed up kid that had something traumatic happen to me?

What else would this forum have to base its opinion?  "Traumatically scarred" is likely a stretch, but you have shown that you are
somewhat "binary" in your beliefs.

"Hating" anything shows far too much emotional investment.  You can dislike things, choose to ignore or disdain them, or argue a different
opinion, but "hating" requires "caring" in a negative way at a level most people simply don't have the time for.   That's one of the reasons
the social-sphere and media's use of the term is pretty much wrong all the time.

As to a disdain for Christmas, whatever, but again, caring about something that much, where you need to insure the experience of
others is negatively impacted isn't healthy for anyone involved.

It's pretty common for someone your age to decide that something like Christmas is meaningless, either as general rebellion against
societal norms, or simply to push people's buttons.  At your age, any pretense of the "magic" of Christmas has been long dispelled,
the economic realities of the holiday season are starkly clear (like aviation, it is an engine of modern society, for better or worse),
and you want to make sure that the world knows you have life figured out.  It's pretty common.

Hopefully that will change once you start building your own life's traditions, along with the sentimentality that comes with maturity.

One might also suggest that the extreme cynicism of some of the other web spaces you've indicated you frequent isn't "normal" nor
necessarily "healthy" in anything more then small, occasional doses.

"That Others May Zoom"

NCRblues

Just to brighten the mood folks, I have real snow outside today!!
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

Cool Mace

We're supposed to get a blizzard on Christmas. I'm really hoping it does! 4x4 is always fun to play with.
It's also nice to help people who get stuck in a ditch out.
CAP is what you make of it. If you don't put anything in to it, you won't get anything out of it.
Eaker #2250
C/Lt Col, Ret.
The cookies and donuts were a lie.

Rick-DEL

I want snow  :( .

At least a dusting would nice for Christmas (in which by the way I love and enjoy the "magic" that comes with it). We are expecting to see 45 degrees with scattered showers. Why is it that when I finally breakdown and buy a snow blower, it fails to snow? I bought it in November of 2011 expecting to have some sort of fun and help some elder neighbors and since the day I came home with it, we have yet to see one flake?

What else can I be a deterrant for? Should I submit a letter to CAP NOT to cutover to the ABUs (buzz alert - lights flashing), vote for higher taxes, or tell HGTV to NEVER consider me for the Dream Home Giveaway?

Luis R. Ramos

Rick-

You are in Delaware? What part?

I used to work at Delaware State College, the Library, and lived in Dover, near the K-Mart on Route 13 I believe was the name of the highway. From around 1988 to 1995.

I cannot believe you have not seen any flakes since 2011! We got some snowstorms! One time there was solid ice for at least two to three miles. I walked it, about one mile, from my house to Delaware State.

Take care,

Flyer
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

Rick-DEL

Hey Flyer,

I live about 15 miles north of Dover. Yeah, we had a dusting I think early last winter which was gone by the time the sun came up. I do remember the big ones. Those two big boys came in around 2009-2010. The first was about 22" and a few days before Christmas. Then we had about 30" in February of 2010 followed by anothr 6" or so a few days later, all of which I shoveled by hand. And, eventually led me to purchase the snow blower in November of 2011. It has run a few times...and that was to keep the gas from gelling up or to move it to/from the shed and garage each season. Oh well. Maybe this is the year...

I moved to DE in 2001. I remember one in 2003, about 18" or so.

Extremepredjudice

Quote from: Eclipse on December 20, 2012, 03:59:20 PM
What else would this forum have to base its opinion? 
Facts, rather than assumptions.

Quote"Hating" anything shows far too much emotional investment.  You can dislike things, choose to ignore or disdain them, or argue a different
opinion, but "hating" requires "caring" in a negative way at a level most people simply don't have the time for. 
Hate is defined as "to be unwilling; dislike" So hate ≈ Dislike.

Not exactly this horrible statement you make it out to be.

One might also suggest that the extreme cynicism of some of the other web spaces you've indicated you frequent isn't "normal" nor
necessarily "healthy" in anything more then small, occasional doses.
If we weren't cynical and skeptical do you  know how bad the frontpage would be?

In  The Federalist No.  10 by James Madison  "expressly  embraced  the  notion  that what would  separate  his  constitution  from  those  that  had
gone  before  it would be  a more realistic  [i.e.,  cynical]  conception  of
human nature."

So James Madison thinks cynicism is healthy. He based the constitution on it. So the document we built our society from is a cynical document.

Away, I call rule 14.

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor

Eclipse

You've just invoked the dictionary and the Federalist papers in a discussion regarding attitude and maturity where people
are trying to give you reasonable advice.

Clearly we were all off-base.

"That Others May Zoom"