Where are the ES Quals in CAPWATCH???

Started by ande.boyer, April 09, 2009, 04:45:12 PM

ande.boyer

I'd like to develop something for our squadron staff that shows who in the squadron has and who does not have specific ES ratings (ie GES, Scanner, Observer, UDF, etc).  It seems like there used to be a table in the CAPWATCH database that detailed this information. Each row contained information on a specific rating held by a specific person, when they initially quallified in it, when it expires,e tc.  Now I can't find this information.  Did they drop that table? Or am I just imagining things?
Thanks,
Ande

Al Sayre

If you're the ES Officer or Commander you can pull an All Qualifications report from Ops Quals that lists every one in your Squadron who has a qualification, and when they expire.
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

Camas

If you don't have any permissions within the Operations Qualifications restricted application in e-services you might try going into the "My Operations Qualifications/National Report" link under "utilities" and punch in "National Reports". Then go to the dropdown menu and select the first option which is "Mbr Qual Info Report". Select your member and you'll get a printout of his or her achievement ratings. This might not be selective enough for you if you're looking for completed tasks within a given achievement but this is something to which all members have access. I hope I'm not sharing something you already know.

RiverAux

Unfortunately, without it being in a database, those of us who like to use Access can't customize these things anymore. 

JoeTomasone

I wrote a little PHP/MySql web site to do some basic reporting at the Group level.  I'd be willing to let a few interested parties give it a whirl.   It's not complete -- it currently isn't smart enough to know when quals are suspended due to missing NIMS classes, for example - but other than that it's not bad.

If you want to try it, and are a Group Commander (or designee with permission), and can download the CAPWATCH Text Files download from eServices, send me a PM.

Squadron Commanders can use the data as well (for their unit only), but it is designed to take the download at the Group level.

ande.boyer

Quote from: Al Sayre on April 09, 2009, 05:22:49 PM
If you're the ES Officer or Commander you can pull an All Qualifications report from Ops Quals that lists every one in your Squadron who has a qualification, and when they expire.

Yup, I know.  =) But I don't want to manually cross check our membership roster against the GES list (for example) to see who's NOT got GES done.

What I'd like is a database table that lists in what everyone is qualified, when that qualification expires, etc.....then I can let MySQL do the searching and reporting for me.

Does anyone else remember such a table in the CAPWATCH download?  I could have swore there used to be one like that.

RiverAux

Yep, it was there until a few months ago.  Obviously all that info is still in some database, so I don't understand why they took it out of CAPWATCH. 

JoeTomasone

Quote from: ande.boyer on April 10, 2009, 02:00:54 AMWhat I'd like is a database table that lists in what everyone is qualified, when that qualification expires, etc.....then I can let MySQL do the searching and reporting for me.

Does anyone else remember such a table in the CAPWATCH download?  I could have swore there used to be one like that.

For my app, I download the text file download and import into MySql.  Much easier.  The MbrAchievements table has the achievements indexed by CAPID.