How to know...

Started by AngelWings, March 31, 2011, 10:20:39 PM

AngelWings

Since I've been promoted (and have missed school due to sickness), I studied a little bit and took the CAPT-116. It says I passed. However, I want to make sure while I have some more free time if that is it, I'm qualified for GES, or if there is more tests online I have to do. I'm sorry if this question seems stupid, but I for sure would like to know. :)

HGjunkie

••• retired
2d Lt USAF

AngelWings

HGjunkie

Yes. IIRC, It's one of the requirements to attain GES. If you want to go above and beyond, I also suggest taking the CAPT 117 1-3.

http://training.fema.gov/emiweb/is/is100b.asp
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

♠SARKID♠

It's not necessary for GES but you will need it to get any other rating.  Good idea to take it right away though, you're going to need it pretty soon.

AngelWings

Thank you all. Now, what should I study for the IS-100?

vento

Quote from: Littleguy on March 31, 2011, 11:06:40 PM
Thank you all. Now, what should I study for the IS-100?
All you need is in the link that HGjunkie provided above.
http://training.fema.gov/emiweb/is/is100b.asp
Just remember to save a copy of the certificate, you will have to submit that cert or upload it into eServices.

JROB

You really don't have to study the material. It is a series of slides that you will be tested on.
Maj. Jason Robinson
Squadron Commander, Desoto Composite Squadron
SER-MS-096

"If you are in trouble anywhere in the world, an airplane can fly over and drop flowers, but a helicopter can land and save your life"-Igor Sikorsky

manfredvonrichthofen

IS 100 isn't REQUIRED until you go for your GTM3, however I suggest taking it even if you only plan on staying with GES because it will help you stay informed on what is going on, and help you to understand how the ES hierarchy works.

HGjunkie

I could have sworn my GES wouldn't register until I put my IS-100 in eServices... Ah well. I must have been thinking of something else.
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

manfredvonrichthofen

Quote from: HGjunkie on April 01, 2011, 07:55:44 PM
I could have sworn my GES wouldn't register until I put my IS-100 in eServices... Ah well. I must have been thinking of something else.
For cadets there is an age requirement and the requirement of e Curry Achievement.

HGjunkie

That might have been it. It was a while ago so I don't exactly remember.
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

manfredvonrichthofen

Quote from: HGjunkie on April 01, 2011, 08:00:22 PM
That might have been it. It was a while ago so I don't exactly remember.
CAP forms and paperwork and eservices entries tend to blur together after long enough.  ;D

HGjunkie

Quote from: manfredvonrichthofen on April 01, 2011, 08:04:45 PM
CAP forms and paperwork and eservices entries tend to blur together after long enough.  ;D

Haha, That they do! 
••• retired
2d Lt USAF