What are your 2015 CAP Goals?

Started by Майор Хаткевич, January 02, 2015, 05:12:08 PM

Майор Хаткевич

New year, new opportunities.

What are some of your CAP "resolutions" if you will?

Personal goals:

• Cadet Programs Senior Rating
  • Complete Lvl3
  • Submit for promotion to Major
  • Wrap up GTM2 & 1
Squadron goals:

• Develop 52 week cadet schedule outline
  • Develop 13 week cadet schedule detail
  • Run a 4-5 week "complete" schedule with 1-2 back up "weeks" of material in case of changes/weather, etc
  • Run a Cadet Great Start in February
  • Have 2 recruiting drives before summer and in the fall
  • Hit 35 cadets, with at least 25 weekly attendance
  • Improve on the QCUA, hit some of the criteria we did not.
Encampment goals:

• Survive
  • Survive working with Eclipse >:D
  • Survive working the new curriculum

Al Sayre

Why the same thing we do every year Pinky...  Try to take over the world!
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

Phil Hirons, Jr.

Quote from: Al Sayre on January 02, 2015, 05:23:17 PM
Why the same thing we do every year Pinky...  Try to take over the world!
:o :o :o :o
(Closest to coffee hitting my keyboard)

RiverAux

Like last year -- continue to keep myself convinced that I should stay in CAP for another reason other than that I've been in for almost 20 years.  Being an ES-focused member that has commitments to other organizations that offer me more opportunities to be of real service, CAP has definitely slipped to last place in my priority list and is only holding on due to inertia and some weird form of loyalty. 

James Shaw

Squadron
1) Be the best Squadron PAO, PDO, SE, I can and hopefully make a difference.
2) Help out where I can and when wanted.
3) Encourage my son to stay in (close to Mitchell).
4) Find a reason to stay in beyond my sons Mitchell

Wing/Region
1) Support Commanders in any way that adds value. They have been great in the past.

Above that
1) Change pessimistic attitude and feel like members are more than numbers. Feel as though they value members knowledge, skills, and abilities and appreciate my time as well as my money. This is the biggest one for me. Squadron/Wing/Region great....above that....not so much.
2) Give honest feedback if asked (though I dont really see this happening).
Jim Shaw
USN: 1987-1992
GANG: 1996-1998
CAP:2000 - Current
USCGA:2018 - Current
SGAUS: 2017 - Current

capmaj

Decide whether or not to remain in.

Private Investigator

a2capt

DoubleSecret

Help fellow CAP members progress through their respective programs and achieve their (legal, moral, ethical) professional goals.
Equip them to do good stuff for each other and the community.  Set a good example. 

Listen with my heart.  Gain respect for others.  Understand Sanskrit.  Get my ham radio license.  Divide by zero.  Dance like it hurts. Love like I need money. Work when people are watching.

Okay, paragraph two was stolen from Dilbert strips, but the first is sincere.

Private Investigator

Quote from: a2capt on January 04, 2015, 12:34:27 AM
Quote from: Private Investigator on January 03, 2015, 10:33:14 PMGoing to Australia   8)
Sounds familiar ...

Last year I went to Hawaii which is also know as Australia Lite if you are into water sports.   8)

RiverAux

Quote from: RiverAux on January 03, 2015, 03:23:46 AM
Like last year -- continue to keep myself convinced that I should stay in CAP for another reason other than that I've been in for almost 20 years.  Being an ES-focused member that has commitments to other organizations that offer me more opportunities to be of real service, CAP has definitely slipped to last place in my priority list and is only holding on due to inertia and some weird form of loyalty.
You know, as I've thought about it more, I think it is distinctly possible that I've crossed the line where I spend more "CAP time" on CAPTalk than doing CAP activities.   I guess it says something when you're at the point where you get more enjoyment out of talking about the organization than participating in it. 

kcebnaes

I think my goals for this year will probably include: Taking SLS, maybe also the UCC. I would also like to have the flight that I've been working on chartered. I think if I can accomplish those, I think I'll be on the right track!  :)
Sean Beck, Maj, CAP
Great Lakes Region sUAS Officer
Various Other Thingsā„¢

avguy

Personal Goals:
- Work another Encampment
- Attend CLC
- Attend Chaplain Corps RSC
- Hand off more of my duties/work to Phase 4 cadets.

Goal for Squadron
- 10/10 score for QCUA

Will Craig, Maj, CAP
CC
NCR-MN-042

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: RiverAux on January 08, 2015, 12:00:41 AM
Quote from: RiverAux on January 03, 2015, 03:23:46 AM
You know, as I've thought about it more, I think it is distinctly possible that I've crossed the line where I spend more "CAP time" on CAPTalk than doing CAP activities.   I guess it says something when you're at the point where you get more enjoyment out of talking about the organization than participating in it.

I think I am feeling something similar to what you are...except that instead of being ES-focussed, I tend to be more CP/AE.  A big reason I joined CAP was to give young people a "safe place," something I did not have as a kid.  Other than my very bad experience with a senior squadron, I have focussed on that in both cadet and composite squadrons.

My first squadron had a near-perfect balance of cadet-to-senior activities and focus.  We had go-getter cadets (some were dual CAP/JROTC) and were near a major university whose AFROTC Commander (a Captain) used to drop in on us now and again and see what ways we could help each other.  As well, we had a good relationship with a nearby flying squadron where we got a lot of flying time.

Those were my "halcyon days" of CAP.  Maybe over the years I have been disappointed that subsequent units did not "measure up," maybe the organisation has changed, maybe I have changed, or all of the above.

Please, people, do not flame me.  These are my honest feelings.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

CadetSnuffy

Goals For 2015

-Aerospace Education
-Aerospace Education
-Bivouac
-Aerospace Education
-Encampment

That pretty much wraps it up!
There are two types of countries, those that use the metric system, then that one that has been to the moon.

Holding Pattern

Goals for 2015:
Make the IT officer relevant in CAP in a big way (and fun!)
Augment the abilities of all other active duty positions in my unit through the above ideal
Make it to SLS

a2capt

Quote from: Private Investigator on January 04, 2015, 07:46:44 PM
Quote from: a2capt on January 04, 2015, 12:34:27 AM
Quote from: Private Investigator on January 03, 2015, 10:33:14 PMGoing to Australia   8)
Sounds familiar ...

Last year I went to Hawaii which is also know as Australia Lite if you are into water sports.   8)
If I could add all the flights to Hawaii into one .. I could have gone to AU. I want to go in April..